Sunba Tech Cameras

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Be sure to post an update when you receive it.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
MexSea,
Did you have any problems with the included software, or did you use some other vendor?
My camera is still on the way.

MexSea

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using BlueIris SW but do have a link to the English version of the Sunba CMS and other SW for their products. Let me know if you want the link or SW and I can point you in the right direction.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks,
They sent me the links to the Sunba software right after I paid for the camera.
Hoping it will get here before the end of the month.

mkkoskin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Out of personal interest I would love to see if it works with our VMS software (i'll leave it without name for now, to avoid confusion about advertising :D). Would it be too much to ask if, once you get it, you could plug it in and make it accessible from the internet? I would love to see if its ONVIF protocol works the way the standards defines. Testing if PTZ works over ONVIF would be what i'm after the most.

If access from the internet is not possible, could I get you to try our software yourself?

I was gonna PM this, but figured knowing if ONVIF actually works according to standard would benefit others aswell.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Too bad no POE... Is the warranty 1 year or 2? At the very end the advertisement it says 1 year, but in top area is lists it as having a 2 year warranty?

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to ask them about the warranty. No POE due the current draw of the unit. I forget how much current is safe with POE. Have to admit POE would have been nice.

MKKoskin.... I will let you know once it arrives and I get it up and running.
I am still searching for software. I intend to use this to monitor sky conditions, and want something that will auto take a snap shot and predetermined positions and FTP them to my web server.
I will do some sort of review once it arrives.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad no POE... Is the warranty 1 year or 2? At the very end the advertisement it says 1 year, but in top area is lists it as having a 2 year warranty?
There is effectively no warranty for cameras coming form china...assuming the seller is still in business and is willing to deal with you, the cost of shipping the item back is prohibitive...

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I considered the problem with returns and warranty, for the price and options was a risk worth taking.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I considered the problem with returns and warranty, for the price and options was a risk worth taking.
Yes, it may be - most of us have ordered from aliexpress without issue...its just that there is no warranty regardless of what they say in the listing...

MexSea

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using mine with a POE splitter and injector and so far have not had any issues. The CAT5 cable is about 100 feet. I have one side of the injector set up at the switch and the other end is tucked into the mount for the PTZ. All you see is one CAT5 cable to the camera.

Attachments

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is effectively no warranty for cameras coming form china...assuming the seller is still in business and is willing to deal with you, the cost of shipping the item back is prohibitive...
Good point.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
MexSea
Glad you said that, will order a POE splitter and give it a try.
I had asked them about it and they said no. I think they may have meant the splitter was not included.
If I mount my camera where I really want, it will end up 100-125 feet away too. I would hate to splice the power cable.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The cam's specs say the power supply is 12V 3A, or 36 watts. This is beyond even PoE+ spec for total watts and I don't know what it will mean to try to run that amount of power at 12 volts down ethernet cable. (it better not be copper clad aluminum wire, lol!)

I did once splice the power cable for a ptz camera over cat5e for a distance of maybe 100 feet, and it worked, but it was just a mini ptz with a 12V 1A supply. The ptz mechanisms on it all stopped working a long time ago, though I don't know if I can blame the power situation for that. It was a dirt cheap PTZ with low quality parts...

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I am really worried about, is that most CAT5 cable is 24AWG. That is pretty small to run more than 1.5 amps through for any length of time. It may take a surge now and then, but continuous is another matter. I know they make 22 AWG CAT5 cable, I have about 12' of it left on my spool.
Have to see if I can find more.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The last time I used a thicker-than-normal cable, the wires would not fit in my RJ45 connectors unless I stripped the insulation off every other wire!! It is tricky stuff apparently. I don't remember if it was 22 or 23 AWG. Either way that spool only gets used for wiring to punch-down jacks now.

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did some research, this 22 gauge cat 5 I have is from Belden, got it years ago, and YES you have to have their RJ-45 ends for it.
Too expensive to buy more. Looking for some 23 gauge stranded cable. Stranded works better with DC voltages for POE.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Friend got his 507-20XC in, and mounted in a temporary location. I got in remotely and set it up for him. The image quality seems pretty good, though this camera has as many flaws as you might expect from an inexpensive Chinese PTZ.

Flaws:

1. Pan and Tilt are slow compared to the $400+ Dahua or Hikvision outdoor models.
2. No 3d positioning support or absolute positioning support.
3. When the camera was set up at first, it was stuck facing backwards and had limited tilt range and had to be physically adjusted to get it pointing forward and working correctly.
4. An Internet Explorer plugin is required to configure the camera. You can pan, tilt, and zoom from Chrome or Firefox but you can't live view in Chrome because Google in their infinite wisdom has disabled the necessary type of plugin.
5. It can stream with RTSP (use Onvif Device Manager to find the URL) but I found this to be extremely unreliable. It can take ages to start streaming and then glitch out or stop for no reason. The Internet Explorer plugin is more reliable it seems.
6. I could find no jpeg snapshot URL.
7. The sub stream is the wrong aspect ratio (though this is not unusual).

So, points #5 and #6 together make this one of the least 3rd-party-friendly cameras I've ever used.

After tinkering with it for just a few hours, I would not recommend the camera to anyone at least until the unreliable rtsp issue is resolved.

To help those who can't find their camera once plugged in:

Default IP address: 192.168.1.10
user: admin
leave password blank

Last edited: