Sunrise, sunset times in BI. Where do they come from?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every day I have these entries in the BI log: Today's sunrise: x:xx AM, sunset: y:yy PM. I don't remember setting my location in BI anywhere. I looked for the location setting and didn't find it. Does anyone know where these times come from and how to correct them? They are inaccurate in my case.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Every day I have these entries in the BI log: Today's sunrise: x:xx AM, sunset: y:yy PM. I don't remember setting my location in BI anywhere. I looked for the location setting and didn't find it. Does anyone know where these times come from and how to correct them? They are inaccurate in my case.
In the schedule. If you don't have any settings that are relative to sunrise sunset it makes no difference.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the schedule. If you don't have any settings that are relative to sunrise sunset it makes no difference.
Thank you! You are faster than my thought and my search :) After I posted I thought I should have done the search first. I did and found the answer and was going to delete the thread and found your response.
I see some numbers entered there for longitude and latitude. I never entered them. I guess BI tried to geolocate by IP. Inaccurate by about an hour.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! You are faster than my thought and my search :) After I posted I thought I should have done the search first. I did and found the answer and was going to delete the thread and found your response.
I see some numbers entered there for longitude and latitude. I never entered them. I guess BI tried to geolocate by IP. Inaccurate by about an hour.
I think there is just a default..