Support

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a one person company. Sometimes depending on the nature of the issue, it may take a few days to get a response. Or he rolls out an update that fixes the issue and may or may not reply.

Did you follow the directions as provided in the help file regarding how to reach out to support because if not, then they may not see it.

Also per that help file, sending an email about the same thing ends up pushing it down to email chain, so it is best to sit tight.

OR that is what a site like this is for and and perhaps one of the many members here can address your question?

zveck

n3wb
Reaction score
I accidentally overwrote my Blue Iris installation before deactivating and my key xxxxx-.... no longer works. Please reset. Why did I just pay for a year of extended support? I'm trying to move my Blue Iris installation to it's own dedicated machine. I don't need or want to buy another license. I need my Blue Iris installation to work on ONE machine. Right now it isn't activated on any machine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that unfortunately isn't something we can help with here LOL.

It usually takes a day or so based on past posts when someone did something similar.

It's unfortunate but run it in demo mode for the time being.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I accidentally overwrote my Blue Iris installation before deactivating and my key xxxxx-.... no longer works. Please reset. Why did I just pay for a year of extended support? I'm trying to move my Blue Iris installation to it's own dedicated machine. I don't need or want to buy another license. I need my Blue Iris installation to work on ONE machine. Right now it isn't activated on any machine.
Maybe you paid for the year of support to get the updates you would not get otherwise? Are they not worth 30 dollars?
If you purchased from the blue iris website you were provided with your license key at the time of sale and it was emailed to you. Your failure to keep the code is does not make your situation an emergency. Understand that the developer is ONE person. Sometimes you need to wait for support. Note that to you posted this on Tuesday at 3:30pm. So the most you could be waiting is 1.5 days as surely you dont expect support on Saturday and Sunday?

zveck

n3wb
Reaction score
I have my original key and my one time support keys, they are not working. His server locked them out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my original key and my one time support keys, they are not working. His server locked them out.
That is because you tried to use the key multiple times. Perhaps its time for you to look for an alternative to blue iris that can provide you with 24/7 support.

zveck

n3wb
Reaction score
Perhaps its time for you to look for an alternative to blue iris that can provide you with 24/7 support.?????????? I didn't realize I bought an amateur product and didn't pay enough for support

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps its time for you to look for an alternative to blue iris that can provide you with 24/7 support.?????????? I didn't realize I bought an amateur product and didn't pay enough for support
You though you bought an enterprise/commercial product at 60 dollars? HA. Enterprise products charge more than that PER camera and hundreds of dollars a year for support. Yes BI is a amateur, let me know what your budget for a pro product is and Ill make a few recommendations. 30 bux for updates and support? Try to talk to someone at quickbooks and see how much they charge for instant support...

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sure that this can be resolved albeit not as quickly as you'd like. Yes, it can be a little frustrating, but it was explained to you that it is a one-man operation, why can't you accept that. Your tone changed to suddenly BI is amateurish and yet you must be confident in the program that you now want to load it into a dedicated computer. Up until now you must have been satisfied with the program, it does what it's supposed to do and a heap more.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not know of any software company that responds within 24 hours. In fact, 48 to 72 hours is unheard of.

I opened a ticket with exacq recently, and it was over a week before I heard anything. The annual support renewal is based on the number of cameras... and it is significantly more expensive than $30.

I have zero issues with the response times & support I've received from BI.

zveck

n3wb
Reaction score
I simply expected a more timely response to a very simple request, not an attack of my expectations. I've run BI for over 6 years and never had to ask for help until now

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I simply expected a more timely response to a very simple request, not an attack of my expectations. I've run BI for over 6 years and never had to ask for help until now
1.5 days and you are bitching. You are a parasite.
You keep emailing and it brings your ticket to the bottom of the list. Can you imagine how much he would have to charge if he had a team if 3 people answer tech support for people like you? Probably more than double the current rate.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman

Why are so nasty? I only asked for help
Because you posted like a nasty parasitic leech. Why would you intentionally mislead and claim you have waited 3 days when you wrote to support on a weekend. Then you trash blue iris. That is fine. You should be using a PRO product to meet your professional needs.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
There are plenty of threads here re contacting support, transferring licenses and the fact that whining about BI support won’t do Jack as this site isn’t in any way affiliated with BI.

We are just a Bunch Of BI Users here who and this is key, who help each other out, nothing more and nothing less, simples!

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
User isn't whining about blue iris support. People become defensive when they are mocked for ignorance.

He's just looking for reassurance. Doesn't need to quit blue iris.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It's always good to have a about 3 Blue iris Licenses laying around....LOL.....don't ask me how I know....
It's always good to email yourself your BI product keys....and also put them in a folder on the Surveillance drive....
I do this with my 7or8 Macrium reflect licenses as well.
Always remove your product keys/deactivate with stuff like Quick books, Adobe, Macrium, Acronis, BI, etc.....before you format the C drive.
Always have a recent drive Image with the Blue iris on it....to restore from as well.
But if your moving to new hardware, the image with BI still wont activate, if the License wasn't deactivated on old hardware.
Tough lesson I learned by not doing some of these things in the right order.