SV3C & BI - Zoom / Focus settings?

blentz

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera runs fine - however, cant get zoom/focus to work from BI - what settings have anyone else used to make this work?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When adding the camera to BI, did you enter the username/password and use the Find/Inspect button? That's all I had to do for my Dahua cameras and BI could zoom/focus (plus pan/tilt on the ones that support that too).

blentz

n3wb
Reaction score
yea, i have over 20 cameras of different makes and models up and running on a ranch. Just ordered these to test out and i am stuck with the no zoom/focus. Used the find-inspect with no luck. Sometimes, BI will find a match that will see the stream but the controls don't work. (obviously :))

blentz

n3wb
Reaction score
ok - my eyes are not so good in the dark room - B vs 8 - that is correct

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok - my eyes are not so good in the dark room - B vs 8 - that is correct
OK, is that cam even supposed to be able to remotely "zoomed & focused"? if you cannot log into the cam with a browser and accomplish that then it's likely that BI cannot do it either.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two Dahua cameras with the same feature sets however one is a 2MP, Starlight and the other is a 8MP both have Zoom/Focus options. On the Starlight camera I had to change the video brand to Dahua and choose one of those models to get the zoom to work however the focus won't work but it does auto focus so that is fine, there was another model that worked for the focus but not the zoom. On the 8MP I was able to leave the video connection settings at the default RTSP settings that it detected for it both have the ONVIF setting in the PTZ control. I'm guessing it is all in the default parameters it passes to the camera based on the model selected.

blentz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea, so i am an idiot - i have so many different cameras i just thought this model supported zoom/focus. it does not. I am sorry to have wasted all of your time. Thanks again for the support.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, so i am an idiot - i have so many different cameras i just thought this model supported zoom/focus. it does not. I am sorry to have wasted all of your time. Thanks again for the support.
At least you're honest! I cannot say I've never had a similar brain fart...and now @ 69, they're coming more frequently! :facepalm: