SV3C RTSP dropping and reconnecting

pk8

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hoping someone can assist with an issue I am having with my outdoor sv3c camera.

I have an angelcam subscription that records 7 days of video from my SV3C camera via RTSP.

Unfortunately, every 7 mins, the video is disconnected for 12 seconds.

In the camera log, it shows that there was an RTSP logout and login 12 seconds apart.

Has anyone encountered this before or have a solution?

Apart from this issue, the camera works fine, so I'd really like to resolve it if possible.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, every 7 mins, the video is disconnected for 12 seconds.
If it's very repeatable on that same schedule, it may be an RTSP keep-alive compatibility problem with the host system.
The 'keep-alive' value is agreed during the RTSP setup negotiation and needs to be renewed before expiry or the camera will terminate the stream.
I'd see what Angelcam tech support can do to help.

pk8

n3wb
Reaction score
If it's very repeatable on that same schedule, it may be an RTSP keep-alive compatibility problem with the host system.
The 'keep-alive' value is agreed during the RTSP setup negotiation and needs to be renewed before expiry or the camera will terminate the stream.
I'd see what Angelcam tech support can do to help.
Thank you, they have stated that the camera closes the connection every 7 minutes and it's not an issue in their end.

Maybe I should contact them and mention this heartbeat issue specifically?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I should contact them and mention this heartbeat issue specifically?
Well, at least you got a response, that also suggests they have some logging info.
No harm in trying!

If you have any ability to do port replication on a switch to sniff the camera traffic, you might just be able to do a wireshark capture to see the initial setup, then depending on how predictable the termination is, see what's going on there. Assuming 7 minutes of capture might be a bit big to handle ...

Reactions: pk8

pk8

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all,

I tried the VLC idea, and sure enough after 7:54 the video hung and resumed at 8:05.

I've contacted SV3C to see if they can help with new firmware and they have replied asking for the order number so hopefully they can assist!