SV3C SV-B01-1080PL - $39 for PoE, 2MP bullet camera?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Security-1920X1080-Resolution-Waterproof/dp/B01G1U4MVA

I realize for this price I'm not going to get starlite nighttime quality, but, on the other hand, for sub-$40 (shipped) wouldn't this make a great camera for those not-so-critical blind spots that would otherwise get neglected due to budget/cost justifications?

I have a friend who is extremely budget conscious, and likely wouldn't have any cameras if it weren't for my donated time (and junk Foscams from 10 years ago). I'm slowly trying to migrate him to PoE with something better than MJPG 640x480. At this price, he's willing to jump on a couple.

I see the comments reference security threats (open, unchangeable telnet creds) but if kept on an isolated sub-net, this should really not be an issue.

Has anyone bit on one of these?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I see that the specs don't mention it's ONVIF compatible, that I could see, but the seller has answered a question on that :
Onvif 2.4
SV3C Technology SELLER answered on March 4, 2017
And one reviewer mentioned a need for a firmware update to provide ONVIF compatibility.
2.0 out of 5 starsThis camera isn't terrible, but it does not work as an ONVIF ...
ByJeffery F.on September 1, 2017
Size: 2MP|Verified Purchase
This camera isn't terrible, but it does not work as an ONVIF camera unless you do a firmware update. The firmware update bricked one of my cameras and I have yet to hear back from their technical support.

Motion detection doesn't work well. My amcrest cameras works great with my NVR but these cameras do not.

The picture is OK, but I thought you could adjust the focus. Turns out you can't (or I can't figure out how to do it).

Unless you know what you're doing don't buy this camera; it is not what I'd consider plug and play. For instance, my parents would have no chance in getting this to work.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
He has a PC running BI, and I've read other reviews that say the brand (SV3C) is listed in the BI list of cameras. That should negate the need for ONVIF. I just can't get over the feature set for the price. It doesn't seem that long ago that you couldn't even get a non-IR-cut Foscam POS for 50% more.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
He has a PC running BI, and I've read other reviews that say the brand (SV3C) is listed in the BI list of cameras. That should negate the need for ONVIF.
Sure, the comment was as much for the wider audience, as it has a decent feature set for the price, and enough reviews to avoid it being too much of a pig in a poke.