Swann DVR, Blue Iris and ZeroTier(with d-link dwr-921 router) security question

Reaction score
Hey folks, networking newb here. To give context at the request of my parents i'm setting up a cctv system for them as there have been a rash of burglaries in our area. Started with using swanns android app but quickly finding them was to many limitations with it so I went looking for alternatives. After a couple of days of experimenting I got system working of using a RTSP stream to a laptop(acting as the blue iris server) from the SWANN DVR over the local wifi network and then using ZeroTier to create a private network(it used something refereed to as udp punching) between the laptop and other devices(android phone(iris app), other win laptop).

Its working as intended however since I dont have much experience with networking, so my question is what kind of security issues(if any) has this kind of setup have and what steps can I take to minimize the risk or if such a method is to easy to get into and I should look for alternatives?

Some steps ive taken so far:
  • For my router I have disabled WPS and switched the encryption to APS2.
  • For Blue iris ive made sure Users are set to Lan only
  • ZeroTier network is set to private.
  • Strong passwords for each.
  • Norton Antivirus and Glasswire network monitoring on each device to keep an eye on thnings

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post! If i missed anything let me know and ill update my answer, I look forward to getting any advice.