Swann NHD-806 Alternatives?

Danyorks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a complete newbie to cctv so I am looking for a bit of advice.

I installed the Swann NVR8-7085 (8 channel) a couple of years ago. The kit included 4 x Swann NHD-806 cameras. I now would like to add another 4 cameras but at £100 each I am wondering if there is any alternative cameras that would work with my existing NVR?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Be VERY wary, we have found that there are only a few units and they are Swann only that will work, check the genuine site, they have a pdf chart that shows what you can and cannot use, it will save you time

not sure if this is for your region

Attachments

Danyorks

n3wb
Reaction score
Be VERY wary, we have found that there are only a few units and they are Swann only that will work, check the genuine site, they have a pdf chart that shows what you can and cannot use, it will save you time

not sure if this is for your region
Thanks for the reply, I have seen this chart before - I was hoping that there may be a cheaper alternative / brand.
I am in the U.K.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would seriously doubt you could find anything, I have been frustrated beyond belief with a Swann system, it reminds me of Apple and how locked down they are, I know and understand why, but if you want to do 1 thing outside of the norm, as in your thoughts to add another brand, then your SOOL
I have seen a few posts on here and elsewhere on tinternet about people flashing hikvision firmware to the NVR and IPC, but no one ever comes back and says if it worked or not.
The one I am working on is def HV based, but it is live and I do not want to kill the system.