Swann NVR8 7300-Hundreds of motion notifications in email!

wdirkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed the Swann NVR8 7300 and receive hundreds of motion notifications every day in my email. I have the sensitivity turned down to 50 (lowest) and have only a small section of each camera view blocked out for sensing motion. Swann has told me to set up a new email for the notifications so they don't clog my email, but I want the system to notify me of actual movement. I don't see the point of this feature if all it does is constantly send false notifications.

Is this a common issue? I get the notifications from all 8 cameras. Any advice would be appreciated.

-Wil

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed the Swann NVR8 7300 and receive hundreds of motion notifications every day in my email. I have the sensitivity turned down to 50 (lowest) and have only a small section of each camera view blocked out for sensing motion. Swann has told me to set up a new email for the notifications so they don't clog my email, but I want the system to notify me of actual movement. I don't see the point of this feature if all it does is constantly send false notifications.

Is this a common issue? I get the notifications from all 8 cameras. Any advice would be appreciated.

-Wil
Welcome to the forum. That is the nature of basic pixel based "motion" detection available in most low priced consumer cameras. You cameras should have a line crossing option as well that will reduce false alerts...