Swann sends wrong feed to someone's app

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
They should know better to suggest 'it's a one-off incident'. Bad PR, confirms they are not fully on top of things.

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
true, these "unique" ID code/checksum ideas are fraught with similar hiccups, banking, media management etc all fall down on stuff like this at some stage in their evolution, especially if the code is less digits than the number of units out there. There's a reason I prefer to have my data and cctv stuff managed in-house and not rely on some service provider to carry and forward it, convenience is great but so many aren't aware of the security hole in their privacy they make to have it...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - from another forum recently:

"I'm going to have to thread crap on every Ring deal.

My pro doorbell disappeared from my account 2 weeks ago. I contacted them when I realized I wasn't getting alerts any more. Turns out my login somehow was deleted (I've had Ring Pro for 9 months). I even ordered it from Ring.com so I know I had an account on there.
Worse, my doorbell (still connected to the internet), was added to someone else's profile. They were getting my doorbell alerts for at least the week I didn't notice my alerts stopped working.
I called several times and got the runaround. Even spoke to a manager who said they would get back to me in a hour. Never heard from. Ring has not told me what happened to my account/doorbell. The profile that had my doorbell attached to it had my address. Someone else was getting all my alerts and had my location. THIS IS NOT OK.
Ring hasn't come clean on why/how this happened.

Even is someone compromised my login, I should have been notified of changes to the account, which I was not."
- supernoman

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - from another forum recently:

"I'm going to have to thread crap on every Ring deal.

My pro doorbell disappeared from my account 2 weeks ago. I contacted them when I realized I wasn't getting alerts any more. Turns out my login somehow was deleted (I've had Ring Pro for 9 months). I even ordered it from Ring.com so I know I had an account on there.
Worse, my doorbell (still connected to the internet), was added to someone else's profile. They were getting my doorbell alerts for at least the week I didn't notice my alerts stopped working.
I called several times and got the runaround. Even spoke to a manager who said they would get back to me in a hour. Never heard from. Ring has not told me what happened to my account/doorbell. The profile that had my doorbell attached to it had my address. Someone else was getting all my alerts and had my location. THIS IS NOT OK.
Ring hasn't come clean on why/how this happened.

Even is someone compromised my login, I should have been notified of changes to the account, which I was not."
- supernoman
I would demand my money back today, and file a complaint with the state attorney's office.