Swap out IP Camera on Hikvision NVR

bilcor

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to swap out 2 cameras on a Hikvision NVR. The new cameras are Hikvision cameras. Can I just look up the info on the existing camera and put that IP Address and info into the new camera and swap them out?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I want to swap out 2 cameras on a Hikvision NVR. The new cameras are Hikvision cameras. Can I just look up the info on the existing camera and put that IP Address and info into the new camera and swap them out?
You sure can just had a mini dome ir cut filter fail I loaded the same ip and password on the replacement
Reboot the nvr and off it went

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the cameras are still functional consider using a different IP address for the new ones. Makes it much easier to add them back later. Can't have enough cameras you know:)

bilcor

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed the two cameras that I needed to change and the new ones booted up correctly and are working fine. I then tried to change the old cameras to the ip address of the unused channels on the NVR. After making changes on the SDAP software, I tried to add the cameras to the NVR. I can't get the cameras to activate. I get the Network abnormal message. It would be real nice to have a guide as to how to add and activate the cameras. I have mounted the cameras at a remote storage building using Ubiquiti bridge. I have a swich at the remote building for network access and will be adding a wireless access point. I also have a small POE 4 channel switch for cameras.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok the old cameras you will need to plug into
A Poe switch
Or power up with a power brick
And have them running into you router.
Fire up sadp it should find them
And if you remember the password
When you tick that camera in Sadp
Change it’s IP address to one not used in your net work then on the bottom right put in that camera password and hit modify it should then say parameters modified
Now your camera will have a new IP address and you can the add that manually to the spare nvr channel
If you have forgot that password you will have to rest the camera either with a reset button or the camera reset tool on this forum if rest the default ip will be 192.168.1.64 also make sure dchp is not ticked on that’s
if you want to give it your own ip number
you can leave is ticked once it automatically given you an ip but then untick it and hit modify again it will keep that ip

Last edited:

bilcor

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks marku2, I will be working on the cameras again tomorrow. I did give the camera an IP address that wasn't used but I can't get the NVR to activate it. I am going to open the maintenance page on the NVR and see if I can get the cameras activated. I have been trying to use the IP address of the NVR to do the adding but most of the descriptions on youtube use the NVR's maintenance function so I will give that a try.

bilcor

n3wb
Reaction score
I assigned an IP Address not in the NVR's range. I was trying to use an address close to the recorders range (192.168.254.30) but the unit wouldn't let me activate. I put in an address like 192.168.1.200 and it worked fine.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I was trying to use an address close to the recorders range (192.168.254.30
that is the internal network that the nvr uses you wont be able to set that as a ip for the camera
your ip range is usually 192.168.1.2------192.168.1.250