Swapping Bubbles 1320/1120

martur007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Dahua IPC-HDBW1320EP-W whose Dome Bubble has been scratched. Moreover, I have an old IPC-HDBW1120EP-W I am not using. It is ok to swap bubbles or the 1320's one is from a different material/color, etc? Does anybody know?

thanks a lot in advance!

Regards
Martin

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
They don't sell new ones on Ali? You may need the measurements from yours.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Dahua IPC-HDBW1320EP-W whose Dome Bubble has been scratched. Moreover, I have an old IPC-HDBW1120EP-W I am not using. It is ok to swap bubbles or the 1320's one is from a different material/color, etc? Does anybody know?
It's not very likely that any forum member has done this specific swap.
Have you tried it yourself? Easy enough to see if it fits. How was it?

Here is a source of new domes I've used before - but you've had to check the sizes and shapes carefully to see if there is any chance of a match :

martur007

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not very likely that any forum member has done this specific swap.
Have you tried it yourself? Easy enough to see if it fits. How was it?

Here is a source of new domes I've used before - but you've had to check the sizes and shapes carefully to see if there is any chance of a match :
Hi! Actually the size is exactly the same. The look is the same as well. It is just I don´t know if there is any difference in the material of the bubble´s glass. if there is one material (or opacity) that should be used for 3MP vs 1MP Camera. Kind of strange question, I know, but I just wanted to be sure :).

thanks a lot guys for the responses!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If the scratch isn’t too deep then you might be able to use Poly Watch to get rid of it? It’s used for acrylic watch glass but plastic is plastic so should work.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

thanks a lot in advance!

Regards
Martin
I found some 'domes' on Aliexpress when looking to set up a sky-watch camera. They might be available there.