Switch off IR in Hikvision camera's

Octagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to switch off IR on these camera’s:
ds-2cd2035fwd-i
ds-2cd2135fwd-is

I especially bought "Darkfighter" camera's in order not to have IR reflection problems, only to find that IR can not be switched off.

There is nothing in the NVR (DS-7608NI-12/8P) software and with Safari browser on an iMac I can only get in the NVR and for some reason not in the camera's when attached directly to the Mac

On this message board I found that it used to be possible when logged into the NVR through
System>Maintenance >System Service>Hardware> Enable IR Light, but this "Hardware" tab is no longer there.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You enabled virtual host m8? Then log into the camera direct and the option should be there to disable IR leds.

Octagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks RBW, but I am just a regular Mac user who had no idea what a virtual host even was. I just read up on the subject, but it seems somewhat farfetched to get into this stuff just for solving a matter like this which hikvision should have made quite straightforward to accomplish.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to post a link.
It is very easy to do. Basically it allows you to log into the cameras in the same way you log into the nvr.
And access a few more menus.

SADP not showing cameras