Switching from Hikvision to Dahua any supply to the UK?

Matt Redz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All
I've been reading the forum for some time now and was sent a URL to a thread in the Dahua via a friend of mine who has a bunch of Starlight cam's setup. I currently have a Hikvision NVR and want to trial a Dahua Starlight or one of the 8M with a Blue Iris setup and am looking for a good reseller to ship to the UK. Previosly I have used Aliexpress and it's been a little hit and miss with the cameras. I've found this guy from a link in this forum and would like some feedback (if possible) or any recommendations on your own suplyers.

Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Many thanks
Matt

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just search the forum.... @EMPIRETECANDY is a very trusted and honest person to deal with. Many users form this forum have purchased products from him without issue. When issues occur he has ALWAYS resolved any problems A++++ seller
I myself have purchased many cameras and never had an issue. On average 3 - 4 days delivery tracked to the UK, what more can you say.

Matt Redz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guy's - this was the store I had listed in my first post so thanks for verifying.

One quick question that I've been trying to read up on and that is the - 2MP Starlight Dahua (IPC-HDW2231R-ZS for example). Dose this support audio as all it says in the tech description is N/A for compression? Also will the camera pass the audio back over the ethernet cable without installing additional cable for audio. As said this will be for a Blue Iris installation and the camera will be powered via a POE switch.

Thanks
Matt

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guy's - this was the store I had listed in my first post so thanks for verifying.

One quick question that I've been trying to read up on and that is the - 2MP Starlight Dahua (IPC-HDW2231R-ZS for example). Dose this support audio as all it says in the tech description is N/A for compression? Also will the camera pass the audio back over the ethernet cable without installing additional cable for audio. As said this will be for a Blue Iris installation and the camera will be powered via a POE switch.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

Check out the thread on that camera here, @looney2ns should have it well documented and reviewed.