Synology Surveillance Station with Dahua 4300S file size and motion duration

zootjeff

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS211j with DSM4.0 and Surveillance 6.1-2983 with a Dahua IPC-HFW4300S with version
2.420.0001.0.R, build : 2014-05-24 firmware on it.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the system to record high-res files that are more than 20-30 megs. I missed the video of the mailman coming to my door because it videoed him pulling up (20 megs of Mp4 3Megapixel video), then it paused for 40 seconds, then started the next video of him driving away (20 megs of Mp4 3Megapixel video). And missed him putting the package on my door, what if he was the guy stealing the package, I totally missed the chance to ID him.. All the files the diskstation stores are about this big..

I trying turning up the "dither to 100s" but that appears to do nothing.. How to I make larger longer duration files that contain multiple events? I don't want to just lengthen the pre and post record durations.. I want to have continuous motion triggers in one continuous video..

Anyone know the tricks to tune the camera/station to capture continuous or overlapped video?

<---M---M------M-------M-----M----M-----> where M is motion should not equal <------file 1 ------><dead time><---file 2---->.
I want :
<--------------------------file 1------------->

-Jeff