System just stopped working.

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running a five camera( Dericam) system for about six months now and everything was working fine. Then a couple of days ago I lost signal to two cameras. after a few hours all cameras went out. i've tried rebooting, reloading the BI software and checked network settings. The computer is connected to the internet. When I try "adding" a camera nothing shows on the list.
Any help would be appreciated.

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a router with a firewall between the BI computer and the Internet? If so, do you have ports forwarded to BI?

VPN Primer for Noobs

Dahua latest stable firmware + Best Practice Reminder
Hi Looney! Yes, but all was setup and working until Monday. The BI computer can see the WiFi Network and will connect with the internet via wifi. But the BI software doesn't see the camera signals via wifi. I hooked one camera up via the LAN and BI saw it immediately. There was both a BI and windows update over the weekend. Very strange.

Reaction score
Not possible in this situation. Thinking of a power link adapter. Any experience?
I have a very stable setup using the TP-link AV500 and the AV1000. It really depends on your house wiring. all adapters need to be on the breaker box, at least.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
From the garage 8 cameras to the router and upstairs 6 cameras and 3 nvrs running back to the router then in the living room one Xbox one DVD on amp all on av2000 powerlines never any bottle neck in traffic I have a total of six power lines you can expand to sixteen max in your network

Attachments

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you plug a camera directly into the AV2000 system?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Poe single or Poe switch or camera Ethernet powerd by its own 12-24 volt supply the av2000 won't power up a camera

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I bought a couple of AV2000 and installed them Saturday. Camera is up and stable. Many thanks to all for your help.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, I bought a couple of AV2000 and installed them Saturday. Camera is up and stable. Many thanks to all for your help.
And you can add up to 16 in your network there really good

Bigdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Post Script.

Unfortunately, Loony is right. We reconnected the cameras to AV2000's. All cameras up and running 24/7 with no drops for a week.

Perhaps wi-fi is not quite there yet? Soon?