T5442 lens issue?

Slugnerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Purchased my second T5442T-ZE from Andy's Amazon store Friday (thanks Andy), got it yesterday and installed it last nite. All looked good until this morning when i reviewed footage and found artifacts in the middle of the screen and on the left margin. Outside of the lens is clean and undamaged. I'm guessing there is a fingerprint on one of the inside lenses? What do you guys think? I've attached a shot from this morning and tonight.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like glare from light somewhere - possibly the angle of the light across the street. Or IR bounce.

And the bitrate could probably get bumped up. Change bitrate to 8192 and constant if you are not that high.

Force it to color at night and it won't be there I suspect. Or have someone walk around and see if you can get that blob to disappear to know where the source of the glare is.

Slugnerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using a pfb203w wall mount bracket, didn't think about glare, I'll make those changes and see how it does tonight. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe just a slight angle adjustment will move that out of the center if it is the light from across the street (which I think it is looking at how I think the camera is angled.)

Slugnerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It rained last nite so all the ground is wet and more reflective too. I'll tweak the angle a bit too. Thanks for the help.

Slugnerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I finally got it sorted. The settings and camera angle change didn't fix it so i moved the camera itself and that did it. Apparently it was reflecting off an adjoining painted surface so i moved it 6 inches away from the corner and that fixed it. Thanks again.