Talk about FAST!

Reaction score
Wow, Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY ), you out did yourself this week.

I sent Andy an email asking about price and availability of a Dahua IPC-B5442E-Z4E and an PFA121 box at 12:16am (CDT) 7/14/2020. He got back to me right away and a few emails later, I had paid for the order via PayPal at 12:42am (CDT) 7/14/2020.

It was shipped (from China) via FedEx that same day and I received it at 9:58am (CDT) 7/16/2020, which is today, less than 48hours from first email to in my hands!

I doubt his Amazon shop could get it to me that fast!

DSC_4837.JPG

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent service and excellent camera. Using the same for LPR.

cepler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I doubt his Amazon shop could get it to me that fast!
I should have just ordered direct! I ordered thru Amazon with prime shipping indicating a next day delivery and it didn't arrive. Amazon's own delivery people SUCK. Always have issues with them, now they're saying instead of 8/16 delivery it'll be 8/17 or maybe 8/18... Just wanted one to play with today sigh Oh well, when I'm ready to order for the entire house I'll likely be in touch Andy...

Reaction score
When I started here back in 2018, I did all my purchases from Andy and always via direct email to him in Hong Kong. Not that I was against Amazon. Heck I used the snot out of them for 5 years living in Nigeria, and still order way too much crap from them. I mostly have no issues, but on occasion have had something go wrong. I also did not want to deplete his Amazon store so that he could sell to those that did not want to get from Hong Kong.

I caution you about ordering up everything at one time. Use that one cam to get familiar with how things work and what potential cams will suit the needs of a particular position. Keep rethinking you plan. How can it be better? Do a little at a time.

cepler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I caution you about ordering up everything at one time. Use that one cam to get familiar with how things work and what potential cams will suit the needs of a particular position. Keep rethinking you plan. How can it be better? Do a little at a time.
Precisely why I bought a single camera (And one I know I'll put to use and not a throw-away one). Have been playing with Blue Iris but using public MJPEG feeds to play with right now, not the best source but at least I have video to test, sorta... :) I'm a bit sad at how small the sensors are on current cameras though, am hoping that this improves a bit. 4k seems to be too dense for the sensors in use now, 4M seems to be a decent compromise of resolution and sensitivity in this price range.

Reaction score
I have two T5442's. One in 2.8mm looking back at my front door and down the west side of the front porch and a 6mm that I replace an older 5231 varifocal at my driveway. The 6mm in 4MP was a good fit as the old varifocal was a 2MP cam and was set at about 7mm.

The nice thing about a varifocal is that you can use it to determine what fixed lens you need in a certain position.