Talk going to server speaker rather than cam speaker

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running the latest version of BI4 and connect with the iOS app. I can listen to audio from cameras at my phone, but when I try to talk back to the camera (click the microphone icon), the audio goes to the server and plays out that speaker rather than out the speaker of the camera I am viewing. Can anyone help me know what settings I have wrong?

I am using a cheap china cam (Sricam AP01). The PTT function works fine through other cam viewing apps. Just not through BI. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running the latest version of BI4 and connect with the iOS app. I can listen to audio from cameras at my phone, but when I try to talk back to the camera (click the microphone icon), the audio goes to the server and plays out that speaker rather than out the speaker of the camera I am viewing. Can anyone help me know what settings I have wrong?

I am using a cheap china cam (Sricam AP01). The PTT function works fine through other cam viewing apps. Just not through BI. Thanks.
in the blue iris options audio settings output set it to not specified.

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. Thank you. I tried that and it still goes to the server. In fact, I tried all of the options listed in that menu.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Thank you. I tried that and it still goes to the server. In fact, I tried all of the options listed in that menu.
Blue iris may not support talk audio for that camera. Did you enable audio for the camera in blue iris?

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, I have audio enabled.(I'm not at the computer running BI, but if my memory is right, there is just the one checkbox in the camera settings?) I can listen to the camera, I just can't talk to it. Unfortunately, this is the only camera I have with audio, so I can't test with my other cams to see if it is unique to this one, or a systemic issue I am having. I wonder if it has something to do with the stream paths BI drops in when you select the camera. Isn't there one for video and one for audio?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. Yes, I have audio enabled.(I'm not at the computer running BI, but if my memory is right, there is just the one checkbox in the camera settings?) I can listen to the camera, I just can't talk to it. Unfortunately, this is the only camera I have with audio, so I can't test with my other cams to see if it is unique to this one, or a systemic issue I am having. I wonder if it has something to do with the stream paths BI drops in when you select the camera. Isn't there one for video and one for audio?
if the camera supports onvif you might try that..use find inspect

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
No. No ONVIF support. Just a cheap $25 ip cam. It was advertised as a plain old P2P cam. It really is a junker, but meets my needs of checking in on the kids in the playroom when I hear "concerning" sounds.

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. Here are the audio settings you requested for the camera and BI.

BIAudio.JPGBICameraAudio.JPG

Reaction score
It's an Amcrest IP2M-841B. The audio is enabled on the camera. See attached photos. The two way audio does work from the desktop Blue Iris software...just not from my iPhone6.

BICameraVideo.JPGCameraAudio.JPG

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
No. I never got it working. I eventually gave up. I may work on it some more some day, but for now I hope a future update takes care of it.

If you figure it out, please be sure to post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to replicate the problem with a hikvision when using the find/inspect button that pulls the onvif profile. When using the hikvision profile it works. Try using amcrest or the dahua rtsp profile. You might also want to email the developer and note the issue.

Reaction score
When I initially set the cameras up the program 'discovered' and assigned the cameras to the onvif profile. I manually switched them to amcrest when I saw BI was setting them up as onvif. I haven't tried the dahua rtsp profile, so I'll make that change and see what it does. I appreciate your help on this.