Tech quickly becomes Obsolete (NVIDIA's 30xx Series Cards Announced)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
People that recently purchased an NVIDIA 20xx series card are likely to be pissed at this point

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
mostly pissed about the prices they paid.
the 2k cards were good cards just stupid expensive.

enthusiast are pretty hyped about the specs of the new line up though, myself included. My 970 is due to be upgraded and that 3070 looks very tasty if the hype holds true.

i am interested to see what AMD releases as a response though. their current generation of cards arent bad and solid performers for the price, i am hoping big navi delivers on the high end too.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone that paid full price for a 2080TI are absolutely pissed. The $499 RTX 3070 is the new 2080TI

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i know a couple of 2080ti owners and they arent really pissed, mostly drooling over the new line up

i really hope the independent reviews show the 3070 is indeed better than a 2080ti.
however when you look at the specs its more in line of being an upgrade to the 2070 super. It does have a lot more cuda cores but a lot of those extra cores are virtual.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh wait, I should clarify; the folks that are pissed off are the ones that recently purchased a 2080TI

I purchased a 2070 Super not too long ago, I need to flip it somehow, :rofl:

i know a couple of 2080ti owners and they arent really pissed, mostly drooling over the new line up

i really hope the independent reviews show the 3070 is indeed better than a 2080ti.
however when you look at the specs its more in line of being an upgrade to the 2070 super. It does have a lot more cuda cores but a lot of those extra cores are virtual.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ahh yea then id be pissed too if i had just bought a 2080ti
though they really should of known to wait cause it was pretty established by at least march that nvidia was going to be coming out with at least something.

on the discord server i frequent we've been telling people for months to hold off on buying a gpu as whatever nvidia releases will likely result in a price shift on the used market as people dump old cards to pay for their new upgrades.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd hate to be someone who recently sold a 2080ti for a high value on ebay. The likelyhood of a buyer trying to return it at the seller's expense must have gone way up. Really this would apply to any GPU that just had a big loss of value.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh wait, there's more

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Scalpers and Bots took over the launch yesterday, crazy times :facepalm:

ahh yea then id be pissed too if i had just bought a 2080ti
though they really should of known to wait cause it was pretty established by at least march that nvidia was going to be coming out with at least something.

on the discord server i frequent we've been telling people for months to hold off on buying a gpu as whatever nvidia releases will likely result in a price shift on the used market as people dump old cards to pay for their new upgrades.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yea i heard about that this morning on discord. Right now the best place to probably pick a card up for not much over MSRP is likely to be a local brick and mortar.

personally i am waiting on reviews for the upcoming 3070. I plan to upgrade my 970 this cycle but i want to see what the performance difference is between the 3080 and the 3070 before i decide what i will be spending money on.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am gonna try to order RTX 3090 for my build Hopefully I can get it on Thursday :( Any tips

I think it will release hopefully 6:am pacific as rtx 3080 but damn bots got it all I hope That does not happen when rtx 3090 release :(

I have the CC saved up on Nvidia and new egg ready to go.. Will be getting up and using f5 to get my order in.. Any other tips will be helpful .. Thank you !

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
@tech101 if this is for Blue Iris, save your money LOL. Even an 8 TB SSD would be a better use of money in a BI build.

I imagine the 3090 is going to sell out even faster than the 3080 due to smaller supply.
IT will be for a new pc I am building I will be using PC for games rendering and other stuff bi will be running on it as well. Yes it wont be a dedicated PC I should build a dedicated one for bi but for now will keep it for multi tasking.

You are right I am also thinking the same I would have no chance placing that order :( Me Vs thousands of bots :( Ahhh I think I be getting up for nothing :(

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IT will be for a new pc I am building I will be using PC for games rendering and other stuff bi will be running on it as well. Yes it wont be a dedicated PC I should build a dedicated one for bi but for now will keep it for multi tasking.

You are right I am also thinking the same I would have no chance placing that order :( Me Vs thousands of bots :( Ahhh I think I be getting up for nothing :(
i'd caution against pre-ordering a 3090 until independent reviews are out. based on the 3080 the 3090 may end up being a beast GPU, or it could be only marginally better than the 3080 in the tasks you want. Kind of like how the 2080ti and the titan were close in a lot of tasks (particularly gaming).

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm getting myself into the 3080, moving away from a 2070 Super, glad I didn't rush out to Micro Center on Launch Day

Speaking of a dedicated Blue Iris system, NZXT has a case that supports a dual motherboard setup, pretty cool; you can set up an ITX and ATX build all in one case

Steve @ Gamers Nexus did a good recap of Launch Day

It was nerve-racking seeing how the launch went

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It does feel more and more of a paper launch my co worker was tying to grab the 3080 on the launch day. We both were online it just went from coming soon to sold out. :( That was us doing the F5 to refresh :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
eBay Auction had one at $80,000, great way to troll the scalpers :p

cepler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does feel more and more of a paper launch my co worker was tying to grab the 3080 on the launch day. We both were online it just went from coming soon to sold out. :( That was us doing the F5 to refresh :)
Lots of people stuck at home staring at their screens all day with glazed eyes looking for a glimmer of happiness.

I've got a 1080, it's feeling a little slow in MSFS2020 but other than that it's fine, I'll get a 4090 and laugh at all the people getting 3090's.