Techage system - anyone have experience with these?

RonC

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking to setup an 8 camera system to cover a warehouse and have found these on Amazon. It seems to meet my requirements and budget, does anyone have experience with these systems? Is there anything I should be aware of that would make me not want to purchase them?

https://www.amazon.ca/Techage-Surveillance-Security-Detection-Without/dp/B078H8KLYH?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_15409037011

https://www.amazon.ca/Techage-Outdoor-Waterproof-Security-Surveillance/dp/B01K9ZRDG4?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_15409037011

Below are my requirements to setup a camera system:
-Budget - approximately $500
-Must be PoE (most cameras will be where there are no power ports or WiFi)
-8 Cameras total
-Cameras in fixed positions to cover warehouse, PTZ not required
-Must record 24/7
-Ability to view live and recordings on mobile devices by multiple managers
-Nice to have - can use Blue Iris instead if the NVR software is lacking

New to cameras, so please let me know if I am missing something with this system.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

What do you mean " recordings on mobile devices by multiple managers" ?

Do you have low light requirements. Are the cameras outside at night or inside with the lights off ?

RonC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the link, I just skimmed it and there looks like a lot of good information there, I will go through it in more detail tonight.

I meant that the managers should be able to view what is live on the cameras at any given time, but they may also want to view previous recordings of earlier in the day or days before. They should be able to do this using an app on their mobile device.

Yes the cameras will need to be able to see in the dark as the lights will be off in the warehouse overnight (it is pitch black with no lights). There will be two cameras that cover car parking areas, one of them will be mounted outside so will be exposed to weather.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it was my business I would go with BlueIris. It has a great app for both apple and android phones. It also a an excellent web interface for viewing video current and passed.

Go with Dahua starlight cameras. Very good for night vision recording.
Look at these for a start, there are a number of cameras that are reviewed on this forum. Look for @looney2ns reviews.

IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to setup an 8 camera system to cover a warehouse and have found these on Amazon. It seems to meet my requirements and budget, does anyone have experience with these systems? Is there anything I should be aware of that would make me not want to purchase them?

https://www.amazon.ca/Techage-Surveillance-Security-Detection-Without/dp/B078H8KLYH?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_15409037011

https://www.amazon.ca/Techage-Outdoor-Waterproof-Security-Surveillance/dp/B01K9ZRDG4?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_15409037011

Below are my requirements to setup a camera system:
-Budget - approximately $500
-Must be PoE (most cameras will be where there are no power ports or WiFi)
-8 Cameras total
-Cameras in fixed positions to cover warehouse, PTZ not required
-Must record 24/7
-Ability to view live and recordings on mobile devices by multiple managers
-Nice to have - can use Blue Iris instead if the NVR software is lacking

New to cameras, so please let me know if I am missing something with this system.
Welcome @RonC

Determine what functionally the cameras are supposed to do for you in your setup.

Do you just want a general view of what is going on?
Loss issues?

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
budget way too low for an 8 camera system for a business.

RonC

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @RonC

Determine what functionally the cameras are supposed to do for you in your setup.

Do you just want a general view of what is going on?
Loss issues?
Hi Mat200,

Yes we just need a general view of everything that is going on day to day to observe that everything is running smoothly. If there was any issue we could then review it later. There is no need for PTZ and close ups on peoples faces / hands / pockets etc, just a high level view to see whats going on and capture if there was any kind of incident.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That depends on business need and budget I guess...
Hi @RonC

It will be a challenge to find a decent kit / system for that price point ( $500 USD - PoE w/8 cameras )

In the USA I like to look at the following sources to get an idea of pricing
1) Vendors listed here ( Empire Tech, Nelly's security )
2) Costco ( nice return policy - limited options of products )
3) Re-brands of Hikvision / Dahua - Montavue, LaView, Q-see, Lorex, ... LTS, ..

Do avoid the most affordable stuff you may find in places like Amazon - there's a lot of not so great stuff sold for what appears to be good deals there.