TEKEMPIRE brand NVR4208-8P-4KS2 US$270.99 and NVR5216-4KS2_V2 US$272.64

goois

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I am a newbie to this forum

I have some queries on the EMPIRETECANDY products on the AliExpress page; Although the questions are meant for EMPIRETECANDY, I welcome any seniors who can answer them as well.

• Is TEKEMPIRE brand the same as Dahua? Meaning the matching model no. will have the exact same features? This is so that I can download the corresponding datasheet and user manual from official Dahua site.
  • If I were to purchase the TEKEMPIRE brand, will I brick the NVR if I click “update” from the firmware update page?
  • I am comparing between NVR4208-8P-4KS2 US$270.99 and NVR5216-4KS2_V2 US$272.64 from EMPIRETECANDY AliExpress; one comes with 8 POE ports and 1 comes with a Gigabit port only;
    • I understand that the difference between the 2 is that NVR with “8P” has 8x POE ports, whilst for the NVR without “8P”, I would need to connect the Gigabit port to a separate POE Network Switch;
    • Question is, will there be any performance difference between 1 with direct POE ports versus 1 without direct POE ports?
    • How about configuration difference? Assuming I am buying an unmanaged POE network switch to connect the 8x IP Cam. Is there any difference in the configuration effort between the NVR with direct POE ports versus the NVR without POE ports?
  • For TEKEMPIRE brand NVR5216-4KS2_V2:
    • Does it comes with 19” rack mount bracket?
    • Will this model support my existing Vivotek POE IP Cams?
    • Is there any particular HDD brand and model that is most recommended for this NVR?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi

I am a newbie to this forum

I have some queries on the EMPIRETECANDY products on the AliExpress page; Although the questions are meant for EMPIRETECANDY, I welcome any seniors who can answer them as well.

• Is TEKEMPIRE brand the same as Dahua? Meaning the matching model no. will have the exact same features? This is so that I can download the corresponding datasheet and user manual from official Dahua site.
    Yes, Andy is not allowed to sell the items with Dahua name in the description because the „no logo“ ones are for OEM / rebranded distribution.
  • If I were to purchase the TEKEMPIRE brand, will I brick the NVR if I click “update” from the firmware update page?
    Usually all items from Andy behave as the original ones with logo. I use all Dahua firmware on my cams and NVR with the logo in the WebUI.
  • I am comparing between NVR4208-8P-4KS2 US$270.99 and NVR5216-4KS2_V2 US$272.64 from EMPIRETECANDY AliExpress; one comes with 8 POE ports and 1 comes with a Gigabit port only;
    • I understand that the difference between the 2 is that NVR with “8P” has 8x POE ports, whilst for the NVR without “8P”, I would need to connect the Gigabit port to a separate POE Network Switch;
    • Question is, will there be any performance difference between 1 with direct POE ports versus 1 without direct POE ports?
      You won’t have performance issues caused by the network bandwidth, because usually you won’t have more than 10Mbps for each cam. Also the max input rate for the NVRs is 320Mbps.
      The 5xxx should have processing more performance than the 4xxx model.
      With build in PoE it’s more comfortable to add cams, as they are recognized automatically.
    • How about configuration difference? Assuming I am buying an unmanaged POE network switch to connect the 8x IP Cam. Is there any difference in the configuration effort between the NVR with direct POE ports versus the NVR without POE ports?
      See above. But it’s no big deal to configure IP addresses and add cams to the NVR.
  • For TEKEMPIRE brand NVR5216-4KS2_V2:
    • Does it comes with 19” rack mount bracket?
      Nope. If you want rack mountable one you have to get the NVR5224-24P-4KS2, which was also my selection.
    • Will this model support my existing Vivotek POE IP Cams?
      Don‘t know your cams, sorry. But at least ONVIF shall work.
    • Is there any particular HDD brand and model that is most recommended for this NVR?
      I‘m fine with the WD Purple.