Temporary solution cameras recording

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all ,

For about 2-3 months I need a camera setup at a place due to some unfriendly neighbours. it will only be for max 2-3 months , than it won't be neccesary anymore.
The plan is, I take 2 cameras from my property to that other property. I still have my old unused I5 which I can use temporary for this purpose.

At home I use blue iris now since the beginning of version 3 and very happy with it. I would like to use blue iris here as well , but I am a bit reluctant to pay the 70 usd for a programm which won't be neccessary after the 2-3 months anymore.
Are there any other options to do this? (recording and webserver?)

many thanks,
Cor

Judman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Run a site to site VPN and have BI at home record the cameras. Would be a ton of bandwidth haha, but it could work.

Beyond that, you could use a free option like milestone xprotect or iSpy (which is crappy) on the local i5 machine for the temp cameras.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
3 interesting options..
-that property over there bandwidth is not important, my home is bad , download I have max 5 mpbs, upload,0,5 mbps. not sure if that will work.
- I will look into milestone xprotext and I spy if that works reasonable for recording for those 2-3 months.
-The blue iris tril version ...... it has a banner on it I beliebe , does the banner come after 15 days or is the programm nor usable anymore after 15 days. maybe with the banner it is still acceptable.

thanks
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all ,

For about 2-3 months I need a camera setup at a place due to some unfriendly neighbours. it will only be for max 2-3 months , than it won't be neccesary anymore.
The plan is, I take 2 cameras from my property to that other property. I still have my old unused I5 which I can use temporary for this purpose.

At home I use blue iris now since the beginning of version 3 and very happy with it. I would like to use blue iris here as well , but I am a bit reluctant to pay the 70 usd for a programm which won't be neccessary after the 2-3 months anymore.
Are there any other options to do this? (recording and webserver?)

many thanks,
Cor
milestone is free for up to 8 cams.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it were me, I would just spend the $ on Blue Iris (buy from the link in this forum for a slight discount). You could also contact the developer as there have been reports of discounts provided directly when purchasing a 2nd+ license.
I figure that for 3 months, roughly $20 per month is very little cost for peace of mind and you will have the license for any future need that would arise.