Test run through motion detector crashes

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running BI 5.2.7.12 and recently went to adjust some motion settings by screening out some leaves on a tree. When I turn on the test run through motion option in the UI, if I open a clip the UI randomly crashes more times than not when it tries to play the clip. I've been using BI for many years, never had an issue with the test run before. Any suggestions?

CPU is low (12%), plenty of memory (12gb).

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I had similar problems trying to view clips or run them through the motion detector. Version 2.2.9.22 seems to have fixed that problem so give it a shot. Worst case, you can roll back again to the latest, stable, version.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I had the same problem with 5.2.9.19. Hopefully @sebastiantombs is correct about 22 fixing the issue. I gave up and went back to stable version for now although I love the cpu savings on the sub-streams.

venture996

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same problem with 5.2.9.19. Hopefully @sebastiantombs is correct about 22 fixing the issue. I gave up and went back to stable version for now although I love the cpu savings on the sub-streams.
Yes, I've stayed on 5.2.7.12 as its listed as the latest stable version. I can live without using the test motion function until its fixed. Product is working great, and I recently made huge progress using the zone motion function.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The current version is up to .23 now.. You could give it a try and if it gives you problems revert back to .12 again right off the update window.