Testing Dahua Camaras, need some advice

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to change all of my home cameras, most of them are hikvision 3mp to Dahuas 4mp and couple of Hikvision ColorVu.

Before installing them on their spots, i would like to try to do some testing, probably mount them on wood/plywood and try to secure them to a wall, im not doing individual reviews or test, its going to be just side by side comparisons.

Dahua IPC-B5442E-ZE
Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS
Dahua IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI
Dahua IPC-T5442T-ZE
Dahua IPC-T3241T-ZAS
Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-L
Hikvision DS-2CD2T47G1-L

1) What testing would you want to see?
1.1) Daylight, maybe 8am-5pm dont think there will be much difference. I might do two tests
1.1.1) Probably around 12pm to have little shadows and strong daylight
1.1.2) Im thinking around 6pm, at sunset, i want to see between color cameras vs the IR ones.
1.2) Nighttime, between 7:00pm and 5:00 am also mostly the same illumination, very likely it will be on my backyard, i might do two tests here,
1.2.1) No external lightning, only what IR give.... but this might become a challenge as 5 cameras using their own IR blasters might not give a proper representation and really trying to skip turn manually each IR as i want to see the same recording compared.
1.2.2) The backyard standard lighting, i want to see how the ColorVu + ASLED work compared to the other 5 on the same artificial lightning.

2) What settings you suggest?
2.1) in Blue iris, like DIRECT TO DISK? anything else you wish my to change?
2.2) in camera? like FPS, or any settings you want me to change?

3) Very likely ill upload to youtube, probably 4k with 4 cameras showing at a time, any particular 4 you will like to see side by side, else it will go as i listed them (i personally want to see the last 3 side by side).

Another suggestions are welcome,

J5TECH

n3wb
Reaction score
Newbie to the camera world....

Ive been looking at a few cameras on your list. Very curious to see your results.

I was also looking at DS-2CD2543G0-IS and DS-2CD2385G1-I. From all the forums on here that I have read most are saying the ColorVu is winning the battle vs any camera from Dahua.

I like your game plan so far but very new to the Blue Iris so hard to provide any input at this time.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That is not right, colorvu pic is good, but not as sharp as the traditional IR cams. esp.in the low light place. Will have gohest
But if you are living at good light places in the night, colorvu is a good choice.