Testing Lorex system vs Dahua

ScooterGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just submitted an order from Lorex for the following system: 4KHDIP822NW 4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 2 8MP Motorized Zoom Lens and 2 8MP Audio Dome Cameras, 250FT Night Vision

I believe the cameras are roughly comparable to the Dahua 5831 and 4831 turret/eyeball equivalents minus IVS features.
The NVR seems comparable to the Dahua NVR5208.

I'm anticipating that these 4K cameras will have mediocre performance in low light conditions.

I would like to order 1 or 2 cameras from Andy for comparison (time permitting) to see the difference for myself. If the difference is remarkable I will consider returning the Lorex system and purchasing hardware from Andy. I also would like to test out the Lorex software to see if I will really miss the IVS features or If I want/need more open customizability. This is a learning process for me and I may just end up with all the hardware from Andy and run with BI.

What cameras would you like to see compared?
I was thinking one of the following 2MP Starlights?
IPC-HDW2231R-ZE (best bang for the buck?)
IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

Has anyone noticed a significant difference between the F1.4 and F1.6 models listen above?
The 42xx and 52xx models appear more recent with 3 streams, 60 fps etc., but F1.6

And/Or one of the 1/1.8" sensor units

IPC-HFW1831E (best bang for the buck?)
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS
IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS
(same but with audio)

Let me know your thoughts or suggestions for other cameras you would like compared.
I should have the Lorex gear in a week.

I also plan to also compare the Lorex LNWiHD (WiFi HD Outdoor Camera with Motion Activated Bright White Light, Two Way Audio, 65FT Night Vision), which I currently already have running.
WiFi HD Outdoor Camera with Motion Activated Bright White Light, Two Way Audio, 65FT Night Vision

WiFi HD Outdoor Camera with Motion Activated Bright White Light, Two Way Audio, 65FT Night Vision

Cheers,