Texas - Everything’s Big In Texas?!?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t know who coined the phrase everything is big in Texas??? But, this news article just came into my news feed:

I absolutely can’t believe how much electricity Texas used on a single day: 75, 000 Megawatts!

Truly, everything is bigger in Texas including electricity consumption!

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t know who coined the phrase everything is big in Texas??? But, this news article just came into my news feed:

I absolutely can’t believe how much electricity Texas used on a single day: 75, 000 Megawatts!

Truly, everything is bigger in Texas including electricity consumption!
Right now all of New York is using the below MW
1655135127121.png

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m curious is there a single web page to see all 50 States energy consumption?!? I gather in the worst case scenario I’ll just have to go to the top ten States and see.

Assuming their POCO offers this live consumption reading.

Thanks for sharing NYC!

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So many farms are being bought up in this area by folks from California. They brought their EV vehicles and have to keep them charged up.
Just joking about the later, not the first part.

Reaction score
Everything in my house is LED lighting. We try very hard to conserve. My girls KNOW not to leave lights on, etc. Ceiling fans are always on. During the day, we keep it at 77, and at night it is set to 74. It's F*****G hot here now. I waited until almost 19:30 last night to walk my dog, that's when it dropped to 99! I am dreading July and August...I do every summer, but its been brutal a tad bit early here already.

I know there are places hotter then we are, and I feel for them. Hot is Hot!

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everything in my house is LED lighting. We try very hard to conserve. My girls KNOW not to leave lights on, etc. Ceiling fans are always on. During the day, we keep it at 77, and at night it is set to 74. It's F*****G hot here now. I waited until almost 19:30 last night to walk my dog, that's when it dropped to 99! I am dreading July and August...I do every summer, but its been brutal a tad bit early here already.

I know there are places hotter then we are, and I feel for them. Hot is Hot!
Saturday I washed my car at 6:00 am haha. Before the sun came up it was in the high 70's north of Dallas.

Reaction score
Yeah, I should have. We are now in Condition II, which means no car washing in the drive way. Of course we can hand water all we want...means we just feed the damn mosquitoes! Normally my backyard is a lush green of St. Augustine grass....looks like damn war zone almost now. Dead spots everywhere.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not worried about it...not like its the end of the world, but I sure as hell hope it doesn't. That would suck. At least when it was cold, we could get warm...start a fire, wear more clothes, etc, etc. But with the heat, I can only get so naked. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there any worry this heat wave will cause another State wide power outage as seen last winter??
I would imagine there is a some chance of rolling blackouts from what I've heard. Makes me feel better about my decision to buy a generator after that deep freeze disaster. I wired the house to a transfer switch so I can run everything except the central A/C unit, I guess we could buy a portable A/C unit and keep one room cool.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there any worry this heat wave will cause another State wide power outage as seen last winter??
I heard earlier this year that the lack of power was due to natural gas pressure dropping due to the freeze. So if the temperature didnt get so low it might not have happened. Also I read turbines froze..