Thanks to IPCT!

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to the site owners and fantastic forum members that give their time helping others and answering the same questions over and over again (BI hardware, pushing 6mm lenses vs wide angle and so on). Especially @fenderman , @bp2008 and @nayr for their posts on the Starlights, BI etc...... Straight up advice and no bullshit.

Last September our shed was hit and my good Makita cordless drills were taken. At the time I had two shitty 640x480, 3.6mm lensed cameras that got the guy but in no way could you make a recognition. He looked straight at the camera and all.

So I started reading this site properly. Replaced my cameras with 6 X $70 Hikvision ones 4mm & 6mm lenses. Much better than what I had and on a budget. I set up BI properly.

This past Saturday night we had another intruder. Two of the front cameras got him and let's just say there's been a good outcome. The cameras have paid for themselves already.

One thing I've learned is that CCTV is evolutionary. Only after being "visited" I'm learning how it can be better. I had already ordered a 5231 and 8232 Starlight from Andy which will be here soon and even after catching him with the Hiks I think they can be replaced across the board with the Starlights. A small price to pay for the increased night optics.

So once again thanks to the site owners and great community!

Last edited: