The best BI PoE compatible (And affordable) Doorbell in 2019 ?

Zelf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! Need some advices on this topic thx!

Zelf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Might still let it go for a couple of days to attract various opinions but will delete after.

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah thx a lot! Will study the specs
Believe it or not.. the only reason I stumbled across your post in this forum is because I was on a similar quest. Anyway... after making the suggestion for you to check out the HD Wifi Video on ebay... I did more searching of this forum and found a rather large thread discussing the very same system.
Check out this LINK > YooSee SD-M5 doorbell: 1080p, PoE, RTSP, Onvif, only $66

Personally... I don't want a "Ring/Nest/Google", or similar knockoff or any of the other consumer hyped WiFi options that require a subscription or one of the outrageously expensive POE options like DoorBird. I still have a few some empty channels on my NVR so BI integration in not relevant in my case just hoping to find an inexpensive POE solution.

I'm still looking... but have yet to find one that checks all the boxes.
Security Camera
All wired - No WiFi
No subscription
24 hour recording via a NVR
Small Footprint
Looks like an obvious door bell
POE
2-way Audio

My front porch ceilings are 9 feet tall. I have two dusk to dawn porch lights on either side of the door so a starlight camera is not needed. I tried mounting a PTZ on the ceiling above the door. If I was monitoring the camera when someone approached the front door it was fine... but when not monitoring... when a visitor made it to the door and rang the bell... in checking the monitor all I could see was the top of their head. I tried moving the camera 6 feet to the left and right but it was still to high and at a poor angle for good facial recognition. I already have 16V doorbell power as well as Cat6 installed in the brick molding of the door frame so just need a hardware solution.

Remarkably similar to the Yoosee-SD-M5 discussed in the forum link mentioned earlier.... is this Dahua DHI-VTO2111D-WP. There are a ton of videos on Youtube both on setup and review... (unfortunately very few of them are in English)

LINK > Video Intercom/Products/DHI VTO2111D WP - DahuaWiki Sandbox

The downside... VTO2111D-WP is they are getting harder and harder to find. Seems to have been discontinued... and replaced by the Dahua DB11 which unfortunately is WiFi video only. Or maybe it was replaced by the Dahua VTO3211D-P2.. which also won't work for me as footprint is too large.

NET: My Dahua NVR still has a few available channels... what would be ideal for me is to find is a doorbell camera that can record continuously to my NVR but will allow my old analog doorbell to ring if someone hits the button. . Motion detection is not important in the doorbell as I still have the ceiling mounted camera. As I eluded to earlier... I'm beginning to think no such animal exist.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
That ebay doorbell above is passive POE, meaning you need to put an inline 48v to 24v ubiquiti adapter to get this hooked up to a proper POE switch