The Birds - Hik DS-2cd2232-i5

Sloppy Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hik DS-2cd2232-i5 captures birds making a visit to my home. Not sure what was so appealing to them?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
+1 on the clean video, looks nice. Glad you didn't have any cars parked there, car might have looked a little different ;)

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Speaking of birds, I found a portion of a rabbit carcass the other day on my walkway, and looking at the video I saw it drop from the sky! Just the head, completely devoid of any flesh. A very hearty feast.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is that a 2.8 mm lens you have in that cam? Nice vid!

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hik DS-2cd2232-i5 captures birds making a visit to my home. Not sure what was so appealing to them?
Great to watch them, must have been some tasty seed or whatever has fallen from those trees! Pretty nice picture.

It is not available with a 2.8..that is a 4mm but being run in 2mp mode so you get a bit more width on the hiks
http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013101905071668213.pdf
Nice tip! ...the more I learn about the hiks, the more sold I am on them.

Sloppy Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
As Fenderman said, it is 4mm @ 2MP. I have nothing bad to say about the Hikvision cameras or NVR's. So far, they are easily as reliable as my older high-end Panasonic/Samsung analog box cameras and the picture quality is soooooooooo much better! I'm running a hybrid Hikvision NVR system and I'm quickly changing out all my remaining analogs because these Hiks are so much nicer. The only thing my analogs do better than these inexpensive IPs cameras is low light performance. My Hikvision cameras are not is not quite as good at low light as my analogs, but at the pace of their development, I expect that hurdle will probably be met fairly soon. I encourage you to try them out, I was sold after installing the the first one.