The local twit

brendanl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I mentioned in my Hi message that I used a temporary webcam/iSpy setup to catch the local twit. He's a fella that allowed his dog to foul on the berm outside my house a few days earlier and when I advised him that I'll just call the council to sort him out if he wasn't going to pick it up, he took offence to their visit and started leaving a new gouge in my 4WD each night on his walk with his rebar walking cane. Some of these are below:

I'm not sure how he thought this thing was going to finish - perhaps when I ran out of paint on the truck?

Anyway, Cops needed evidence, so that's I what I obtained & he's off to court in a couple of weeks! 60 something year old fella and he was dumbstruck technology caught him out :)

Links are three subsequent nights with the last night also captured on 'Tree Cam' using a Go Pro.

Temporary cam arrangement has since been upgraded to 2 permanent IP cameras and Blue Iris. I'll post some install pics shortly.

Enjoy
Brendan

Attachments

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Shame you had to suffer this damage for standing up against an antisocial idiot, but it's good to see you caught him. Hopefully the court will hammer him.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
The dog stands out - I would think once they found the dog owner and confronted him about it, he would have probably just admitted to it. You are right - there is no actual 'evidence' of him making the marks

brendanl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys
The Police came immediately after that last capture. They were reviewing the footage inside when the fella walked back to his house after going around the block (with dog and rebar). They immediately picked him up and took him away where he confessed on tape - pity I don't have a copy of that one. I believe he did try the 'my cane may have scratched it as I walked past' line.

pcmcg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome work! People like this are scumbags and need to be caught.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What a loser. I hope he personally apologizes, and that he has to cough up for fixing your paint. You don't mess with another man's car!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your lucky that was the least bit usable, hope your new cameras have night vision at least..

Let us know how it turns out.. stay vigilant, he could be alot more pissed off and dangerous now that you got him an audience before a Judge.