The new 5.5.0.X

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone tried this yet? If so what do you think of the new console and group view management?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, reverted back to 5.4.x.x. I don't want to spend hours trying to get the console screen the way I want it and all that ugly green was too much along with every camera name eating up screen space.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, reverted back to 5.4.x.x. I don't want to spend hours trying to get the console screen the way I want it and all that ugly green was too much along with every camera name eating up screen space.
Aebastiantombs

The green is only when you are in group edit mode below is a screen layouts I was able to do with the new feature. Once you are done editing the layout click the edit icon to turn it off.
1631576409801.png

1631576167083.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 21 cameras at the moment. It feels like the console order is tied, somehow, to groups. Moving one camera resulted in a mess once I got the four primary cameras situated. If the learning curve is long I don't see any advantage to it.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
21 isn't an even number. if you want 4 per screen, your going to have to get 3 more cameras to make it even. :rofl:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I want all cameras displayed in a specific way on a single screen. I set the aspect ratio larger for the four main cameras and get them where I want them on the screen. After that it all goes to hell in a hand basket when trying to arrange the rest in the way I want them, even with the display set for three columns. Maybe that's the problem, it's column based rather than row based.

I'm too tired to fool with it. Reading the "What's New" gave no hint that I could find. I still feel that it's bound to groups rather than each discrete camera. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Beats me.