The three bears

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've lived in Central Florida my entire live, and had never seen a black bear until we moved to where we live now. We're not that far out of town, but most of the area is 1 home per 5 acres. We've seen their paw prints, seen their marks on trees, seen the aftermath of them deciding the bird feeder was a snack dispenser, and we caught the odd picture now and then. But now that we have some cameras we can keep track a little better. These 2 pics are only a couple of days apart, I'm pretty sure the single bear is male based on his height, meaning we have at least 3 bears wandering around. At this point, I'm still "playing" with our system, things will get more serious this winter when I run all the cabling.FB_IMG_1565813272847.jpg FB_IMG_1566754845615.jpg

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And, I f'd up on Saturday. I spent most of the day working in the garage with the door open, being aware of sounds outside, not terribly concerned as I figured stinky man and chemicals weren't the best bear attractant. Got done with what I was working on, closed the door, went inside, NBD. My wife asked me to change her keyring so her keys and garage door remote would fit better....I'm guessing I hit the button. Because when I went out to the garage later to get the dogs food, there was a bear in the garage. Now bears may sht in the woods, but I sht in my pants. It was the tall SOB, he was just inside the garage and sauntered off when I walked out the door. He didn't get into anything, I hope the degreaser, grease, grim, paint, paint stripper smell was enough to cover the dog food smell. But dayamn. I don't blame the bear at all, we moved into his yard, but it sucks when you try to be bear aware and still make a mistake.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently, they were looking for the picnic basket :p