The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
^ yes there are lots of comments about which high school that hoodie is from and someone even went to that school's website and looked up his name and posted it. Now maybe that hoodie is stolen or not his. But someone should recognize him if he went to that high school.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually, not a bad set of stills.
I know I am preaching to the choir here, but those are terrible. Probably the best we've seen on this post, but still terrible.........

The perp is probably 20' from the camera and we still can't make out the last name. Poor choice of focal length strikes again as the driveway (which is clearly their intended capture) takes up only about half of the frame. That's 50% of the resolution going to unnecessary objects - which is why we can't read the letters on the back of the sweatshirt.

Reaction score
Probably the best we've seen on this post, but still terrible.........
I probably should have said "Actually, not a bad set of stills for a Nest". Yes, the FOV sucks, but that is not what I was trying to show.

BTW, perp identified, see the post from the OP below:

The mom of this kid reached out and apologized for her son. Social media works in many ways, both good and bad! I'm turning off the comments here but stay vigilant neighbors. The Times they are a-changin'!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone read the plate of the perps vehicle (I did not add "Vehicle of Interest" LOL, but considering it is the only vehicle in the frame, shouldn't it be obvious LOL):

1655005779291.png

But look at that amount of light and that is the best it could get? I suspect this is a digital zoom of a wider angle image.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The picture is crap, but the cops actually did a sting because these juveniles were armed with AK-style rifles....and it was Texas not CA so they will actually do something about it LOL.

1655087635818.png

1655087782448.png

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a screenshot from a facebook post on my feed. This came from a gas station. I think they would be better off with a nest cam. Anyone recognize this guy?View attachment 130012
Wait.....what? That's a guy? I thought that was half a nekid butt cheek sticking out the top of that shirt......

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is one from a nearby neighborhood. Car drove onto their driveway and the women went in the back yard. The OP is trying to ID them and asked on Nextdoor if anyone knows who they are.

Ring #AlwaysHome
At least with it being daytime they have a much better chance of someone recognizing her, but your night image of a perp was cleaner than that lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Today's issue brings you some egg throwing captured from a Swann system.

1655873837479.png

They unloaded what looks like an 18 pack of eggs. 3 perps.

One of the comments "maybe someone will recognize their clothes" LOL

And this shows another failure of most big box store NVR kits - HTF do you get a video out of the NVR other than doing a phone screen capture of the monitor LOL. Maybe technology has improved since my last big box store NVR, but it was a horrible and painfully slow process.