The Better typical picture of a Perp we capture with better cameras than the consumer grade camera images we tend to see on Nextdoor

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compliments of @tech101, while not a perp in action, it is a camera salesman that can tell that tech101 has much better cameras than he is peddling and doesn't even stop at his house LOL. Put it on max resolution. No consumer grade camera will beat this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compliments of @wtimothyholman here are his video captures that made his local news that busted some catalytic converter stealers!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compliments of @bank, here is his system catching some doorbell dashers LOL.

While not high crime, it shows how a variety of cameras are used to get the best chance of capture a good ID. Notice he has some hidden cameras in a bush at head level, one lower and several higher overview. With his system he is able to get a good ID shot.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
It doesn't help that it's an all black dog on snow, but I grabbed these stills to post to our neighborhood page earlier today. I'm guessing these are better than what some neighbors would have been able to post.

4K-X on a crappy Winter's day.

Driveway 2022-12-27 09.04.49.167 AM.jpgDriveway 2022-12-27 09.04.54.975 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Compliments of @tech101, while not a perp in action, it is a camera salesman that can tell that tech101 has much better cameras than he is peddling and doesn't even stop at his house LOL. Put it on max resolution. No consumer grade camera will beat this.

I liked that one :lol:. He was like OK...respect...mad impressive haha.

What's the model number of that camera if anyone knows?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Compliments of @tech101 we have an example from his cameras of two perps stealing a car. While his setup wasn't dialed in for that car or duty, this video is still better than any consumer grade camera someone else would have installed on their house.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to post this picture here that I shared in this thread.

I recently found out they were caught red-handed in a subdivision when a property owner in that neighborhood got an alert their mailbox was opened at 1am and they called the police and the police found them checking mailboxes.

It is believed they hit a lot of the surrounding area, but the police said my image was the only one that could provide enough proof that they hit our neighborhood, so they couldn't charge them except for the neighborhood they caught them in and mine. They said the video images from other neighborhoods were useless other than what time they walked by.

They asked "what kinda Ring camera is this" and I said "it ain't no Ring".

1700088011822.png