Thermal IP Cameras/Thermal Triggering?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

My boss has his house wired with cameras and he was wondering if there are any camera's and NVR or VMS that does thermal triggering? He understand that if it exist it will probably not be cheap. He figured this would be a more reliable trigger than on motion. Does this exist? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I may be wrong, I'm not an expert and I don't own one, but I believe tat camera will indeed do that. it has BOTh a 2MP Starlight sensor as wellas the thermal sensor which can trigger and alarm-out.

Read this:
Dahua DH-TPC-BF2120 thermal mini hybrid intelligent camera | Security News - SourceSecurity.com US Edition

http://www.securityworldmarket.com/int/News/Product-News/dahua-launches-a-thermal-camera-truly-for-commercial-market

For perimeter protection applications, multiple DH-TPC-BF2120 thermal cameras can be utilised to form a perimeter intruder detection system, which performs as an invisible tripwire using thermal imaging technology.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think what you're looking for is a standard IP camera with an alarm in you can hook up a PIR sensor to that...