Thieves like me some new appliances

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently they watch for a home to go up for sale, read the description "All new Stainless Steel Appliances...." and plan their evening accordingly. I wonder if they're any relation to the Hillary supporters from my last capture...hmmmm after all those high level appointments didn't pan out..

yeah it's next door and yes I slept through it. LE was happy for the footage and other I got from the HOA cams. Of course my cams are focused on my vehicles so not great, but at 1080p LE found it useful to help validate an ID they already had.

Made me think about playing with nighttime settings though. So see clip #2 below it as I test color mode at night. Think I may leave this cam in color and the opposing twin in B&W IR for a while
(Watch for the nayr tribute at end ;)

Best in 1080 Theater mode

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How many lights you got outside? Looks like to have 2 or 3 flood lights . Anyhow great picture those dahua starlights are nice. Nice post !

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just the two coach lights either side of the garage door. Of course they have 1200 lumen LED's in them ;) Honestly though the credit goes to the starlights. Their ability to pick up light is quite impressive. I'm pretty sure I can get an even better picture, but I'm walking that line between night/day image quality...

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wish I could get those starlight cameras my wife would shoot me if I spent a couple hundred on a camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could get those starlight cameras my wife would shoot me if I spent a couple hundred on a camera
Starlight IP cameras are available for 135-170...its silly to go with anything less at this point...the cameras the OP is using are dahua CVI cams, they are much cheaper than the ip versions.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Starlight IP cameras are available for 135-170...its silly to go with anything less at this point...the cameras the OP is using are dahua CVI cams, they are much cheaper than the ip versions.
Really a starlight at that price range that's more then affordable . Problem is I never seen any in that price range. Guide me

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Heavy bulky used appliances. Hard and slow to move and hard to sell unless they are uber premium brands. An easily traced rented truck. These guys strike me as rather dopey thieves. :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
according to LE, they are pro's. They were in and out in 18 minutes, and that counts 4 min sitting in the driveway to see if they had got anyone's attention before they started. LE says they are doing it all over town watching real estate sites for new listings with new appliances.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These guys strike me as rather dopey thieves. :)
Agreed. What kind of idiot transports a refrigerator on it's back.

I suppose it's relatively easy to pull off this type of theft given how insecure most realtor's lock box combos are.

The car door checker is a bit funny. He spots the cam after as he tries the first door but decides fuck it I'm already on camera I may as well check the other doors. clearly I need more sleep

Last edited: