Third party push notifications?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just setup Deepstack on three of my most important cameras, and its working AWESOME

I have it sending emails currently, but would like notifications. I have found the built in Blue Iris push notifications to not work too well. Has anyone configured some kind of third party service?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried it out using email, seems to work very well!

Does anyone know of a way to have Blue Iris send an email only if its a certain time?

I set Pushover to have an Emergency email address. If someone walks up my driveway at midnight, I want a notification regardless of my phones silent status

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Another 3rd-party option...

Or you can try built SMS too... event add links to play alerts:

I've believe in a redundant approach for must-have alerts so I use all of these.
  • built-in push message
  • built-in SMS
  • built-in email
  • Telegram
SMS and email can be delayed, sometimes significantly.
I added Telegram about a month ago... it's been very response. It's also the most complicated to set up.

Last edited:

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Currently I'm running with it sending alert emails to my email address, and then also to Pushover

Since I'm using Office 365 to send the emails, and then I'm getting them in an Office 365 mailbox in the same tenant, the emails are pretty much instant. Only downside is all of it relies on the internet. So I added the BI Push notifications to the list but disabled them. If we get a week long power outage and the internet goes off, I should still be good

I might look into Telegram though, since I already use it for chat too, Thanks

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Push Over is my go to. Buy the app and learn the api key / user key format. Well worth the time spent on education. Its way easier than you think. Watch a YouTube video if you learn better from watching than reading.

I've wrote all kinds of scripts for pushover. From sending a pic notification on button press from doorbell with modified firmware to sending an alert when I solve a block solo mining cryptocurrency to my own node.

Not necessary to go that deep down the rabbit hole tho... But if you wanted to its there.

Last edited: