This forum rocks!

rambuswolf

n3wb
Reaction score
forgive the brief intro, but it's late.

I'm a longtime IT professional moving into the home/smb surveillance/security/monitoring/automation space.

I'm hardware and networking centric, and I found this site during my quest to put together a contemporary, flexible, future-friendly surveillance offering.

Thank my lucky charms that the space is moving toward IP and PoE, because this is right up my alley. Throw in the compelling arguments for PC-based solutions for *VR/VMS, and I'm in hog heaven. My learning curve has just been slashed dramatically as I'm up on hardware (esp. storage and networking)! Among other things, now I can just keep terminating twisted pair instead of siamese RG59. woo hoo.

I want to say thank you soooooo much to the folks who have provided outstanding information via their posts and links - to name a few: fenderman, wcrowder, Q2U, and one other in particular whose handle escapes me as i scan my recent ipcamtalk lurk history.

i'm so grateful for the turn-on to blue iris, which is funny because i have already used/managed it in production by inheritance but had totally forgotten about it (this was late 2010).

Anyway, thank you all so much for your contributuions to the exact forum i was looking for.

good night!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, the place is a good hang. Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk