This is doing my nut in, Hikvision NVR Recordings Download Button

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is really p****** me off, I have a Hikvision NVR DS7604N which is all setup and records fine to an internal 2GB SATA HD.

I now want to download a couple of the recording from the NVR remotely from a Laptop.
I login via Laptop using Internet Explorer (also tried Firefox) and click on the playback tab, then click the download button.

It pops up another window and shows me the recordings. I select a recording and click download.

The progress shows the % and completes...

My question is, where the &&&& does it put the downloaded recording on my laptop?
I looked in every folder and cant find any of them.

Running Windows 7.... Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@sharpharp There is an option to select the folder for the download, I dont know where it is in the NVR, but in the cameras its is in the local configuration options. You can also simply search windows for files modified today.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My question is, where the &&&& does it put the downloaded recording on my laptop?
I looked in every folder and cant find any of them.
As a security measure, it's likely that IE11/Win7 has used a virtualised folder for the destination files.
This is buried in the hidden 'temporary internet files' folder tree under your user profile. As by default the location is hidden, a search will not locate them.
This is where mine goes: I:\Users\Alastair\Local Settings\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\I\Users\Alastair\Web\DownloadFiles
If you add the NVR IP address to IE 'Trusted sites' the files should be placed in the locations configured in the NVR 'Local settings'.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and am unable to find the files that are downloaded. I'm on Windows 10 using Internet Explorer. I added my IP address (internal) to the trusted sites and am trying to download locally from the same network. Still no luck in finding the files.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to finally get it working. I ended up running Internet explorer in compatibility mode and now the files are written out to the location specified in the configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Using a 7604N and Firefox web interface, prolly same in IE but i dont use it so cant say for sure
I just typed a load of poop, that was wrong so deleted it, the correct place to find things

Configuration > Local > record file setiings > save download files to > whatever you want

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Configuration > Local > record file setiings > save download files to > whatever you want
prolly same in IE but i dont use it so cant say for sure
If IE does not trust the site, the destination will be 'virtualised' into the Temporary Internet Files area of the current user's profile.
Which by default is hidden both from view and from searches, unless you change the 'View Options' to show system and hidden files. And even then it's deep down and far from obvious.
But the easiest option is to add the NVR IP address to Trusted Sites so that IE places the files in the NVR-configured location.

Reaction score
try to run your browser as administrator. And then after you download the file, look for the file inside the folder you have set in local configuration.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Silly question but would it be easier to use iVMS for the laptop?

Reaction score
Silly question but would it be easier to use iVMS for the laptop?
I was trying to use iVMS with my windows Desktop. The problem is, you have to disable P2P to access your Camera. I couldn't find menu in iVMS to enter the encryption Key like if you access DVR with the IP by browser.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
With iVMS if you load it on top the laptop
It will find your nvr on the bottom page then add it to the client enter admin then your password
If your camera is on your network via a Poe switch it will find that too very similar to Sadap enter admin and the camera password and add that to the client,then you can access the nvr or camera settings all from your laptop,you can control your whole network of cameras from iVMS there is no need to disable p2p

Reaction score
With iVMS if you load it on top the laptop
It will find your nvr on the bottom page then add it to the client enter admin then your password
If your camera is on your network via a Poe switch it will find that too very similar to Sadap enter admin and the camera password and add that to the client,then you can access the nvr or camera settings all from your laptop,you can control your whole network of cameras from iVMS there is no need to disable p2p
I got this..

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
The encryption key would be the device code on the bottom of the camera.eg camera 1might have the code GZX123ASD or what ever they give you hope fully you can access this info easily