This is pretty cool, why don't we have this fully deployed in the states?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is pretty cool, why don't we have this fully deployed in the states?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice - paperless too! It would cost too much to implement in the US.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm torn about this.

In some ways, it can change driving behavior to reduce accidents and traffic violations. In other ways, that's a lot of expensive equipment and salaries. And, monitoring people's every move is getting to be a bit much.

Maybe autonomous driving cars will eliminate the need for such "got 'ya" industries.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately, most interceptors (cameras) are not really in the interest of safety, they're in the interest in generating revenue (seen in situations like red light cameras). Where there should be speed cameras, there aren't any, where there should not be red light cameras, there are many.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Before long you will have cameras watching you every single minute of every single day. No thanks.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
They say they are looking for folks using cell phones with their surveillance system. So how does one call 901 to make a report without being caught on camera using your cell phone? I can just see it. Citizen A is calling to report Citizen B who is calling to report citizen A....

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last week i got a fine around 80usd from the traffic Police , i checked details from the app, it shows the time, location, and pic of wrong parking, i stop my car beside the road around 5 mins, aha,yesterday i checked there is no camera beside, but found a dahua PTZ 300meters far away. ouch~ Pay the fine on APP directly. We never use cash or card now, everthing is paid via app, app connect to the bank account.

Last edited:

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Chinese does...a lot of Ai camera over the highway and local traffic. as soon as you didn't something against the traffic law. you will get a text. -3points and 200$RMB. within a second...you don't want that in USA.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last week i got a fine around 80usd from the traffic Police , i checked details from the app, it shows the time, location, and pic of wrong parking, i stop my car beside the road around 5 mins, aha,yesterday i checked there is no camera beside, but found a dahua PTZ 300meters far away. ouch~ Pay the fine on APP directly. We never use cash or card now, everthing is paid via app, app connect to the bank account.
i back from china two months ago. we don't want cameras on traffic. lol...can't speed.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They say they are looking for folks using cell phones with their surveillance system. So how does one call 901 to make a report without being caught on camera using your cell phone? I can just see it. Citizen A is calling to report Citizen B who is calling to report citizen A....
They are looking for people holding the physical phone while texting and talking. They probably allow hands-free Bluetooth use of the phone.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The operation room looks pretty good, but my first thought is to put some money back into the roads. When the guy is showing the car making a left from the right lane, the arrows are pretty bad and could use a freshen up. If this was in South Florida, and the cops figured out a way to get the equipment and personnel to run it, they would see the same income as Colorado and Washington State with their Marijuana taxes.