Thoughts on this 4 camera system

bobct1

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've reading up quite a bit on this forum and came close to ordering my first IPC-HDW5231R-Z from Andy. I was going to build a system 1 cam at a time... initially recording to a Qnap NAS. Eventually, would have liked to pick up a Dahua NVR so that I can take advantage of the IVS capabilities (tripwire, intrusion, etc...)

Then today, I came across this LaView system with 4 cameras and NVR for a reasonable price $279

LaView LV-KNT982A42W4 4MP zoom HD 8 Channel NVR PoE IP Security System, with 2pcs 4 MP (2688 x 1520) and 2pcs 2 MP (1920 x 1080) Bullet Camera (No HDD Included, Sold Separately)(Upgraded Cam) – NeweggFlash.com

Any thoughts on this LaView system? Reviews seemed to be somewhat favorable. Putting together a Dahua system would probably be closer to $1000.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice!

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy it, remember you get what you pay for all that for under 300 is to good to be true. Just get a dahua and buy more then you can afford it.

bobct1

n3wb
Reaction score
I am usually very leary of things that sound too good to be true. This system linked to above normally retails for $599 and it seems that it is still priced there on other sites... ie Amazon, ebay. If the reviews were in-line with the cheap price, I'd wouldn't even consider it... but as I mentioned above, the reviews seem fairly positive.

Still leaning towards the Dahua, but was hoping to get some feedback here from someone that may have had experience with this particular system. My understanding is that the cameras are rebranded... possibly Hikvision cameras.