Three bucks in back yard

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every evening we see foxes, raccoons, opossums, and deer in the backyard. Even now and then we see an armadillo, and speedy the gopher turtle roaming the backyard.3 bucks.JPG

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think its kind of fun to use my cams for this sort of stuff. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) all I ever get are the neighborhood cats roaming late at night. I never get car door checkers or people. I don't live far enough out of town to get real wildlife like this (anymore). It's grown up so much around me. If I lived out there like you, I'd be tempted to put out a deer feeder or just even spread some feed by hand occasionally. Just to see what comes around.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every evening we see foxes, raccoons, opossums, and deer in the backyard. Even now and then we see an armadillo, and speedy the gopher turtle roaming the backyard
Thanks for sharing!

It's pretty much the same here, being in the Bankhead National Forest. Something going on all day then even more at night. Like you, mostly fox, 'coon, 'possum and deer, with an occasional bobcat or coyote. And all too frequent armadillos.....I've killed 5 in the last 10 days, 4 with my Henry .22LR fitted with flashlight and laser and 1 with my concealed carry Remington RM380 (.380 ACP). No lie, last week driving back from town 1:30 in the afternoon, wife hollers and points, I pull over onto my stepmom's property and proceeded to hit him twice with hollow-points from about 20 feet. He made it about 20 feet almost to the edge of the woods. I'll be honest..I emptied the clip (6+1) to get him but he wouldn't let me get any closer and if he got to the woods he'd be gone...but it was good enough. I think #2 and 5 got him. They always jump straight up 4 to 6 feet when you first shoot whether you hit them or not, some kind of defense mechanism I guess.

They can ruin a yard in no time, the little bastids.

They usually come between 9PM and 4 AM. I have an old Trendnet VGA (480p) wireless P/T cam that I don't care if it gets wet and an outboard IR emitter I sit on the last step closest to the grass. Blue Iris sends me a text within 5 seconds, I look at the iPad right quick to make sure it's not a moth and I'm out the door in my jammies, Henry .22 and flashlight in hand. Score to date: TonyR = 5, 'dillos = 0. :cool:

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
My son has a P365 and likes it a lot. He hasn't had any of the problems reported with the early ones.

10 + 1 of 9mm in such a compact package is pretty amazing. I am tempted myself.

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have armadillo problems too, but living within city limits forbids any type of hunting.