Threw up the front door cam today.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
This is zoomed all the way out, I was pooped so I haven't taken any snapshots to see what kind of pixel density I'm getting, might be able to zoom it in a little but it's a rough spot with a walkway on the right side of the frame and an opening on the left side.

20170417_201252.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it is getting dark if not already. What camera is this? By the way the big labels on the ladder are clear. I would imagine you would get a good face ID.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it is getting dark if not already. What camera is this? By the way the big labels on the ladder are clear. I would imagine you would get a good face ID.
yeah night vision kicked in, and I was curious if IR would bounce off the overhang but it does not appear to, score, lol. it's the good old dahua starlight turret. I've got 3 outside now.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a seriously special ed motion light installation. Upside down and blocked by the pillar
yeah, it was here when we got here and it works so I don't really care lol although I may leave it off now because I think it messed with the camera a little bit. I don't own the place so I'm not worried about doin anything with it. we have LED street lamps anyways so the front yard is lit up pretty good, I'll be interested to see how the ultra starlight bullet looks in full color mode when it gets here.

I will say the light does work for in the driveway where the wife parks, which I think was their goal. aint no other motion lights on the outside of the house, only other light is a big flood light that lights up the back yard, but no motion sensor on it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, it was here when we got here and it works so I don't really care lol although I may leave it off now because I think it messed with the camera a little bit. I don't own the place so I'm not worried about doin anything with it. we have LED street lamps anyways so the front yard is lit up pretty good, I'll be interested to see how the ultra starlight bullet looks in full color mode when it gets here.

I will say the light does work for in the driveway where the wife parks, which I think was their goal. aint no other motion lights on the outside of the house, only other light is a big flood light that lights up the back yard, but no motion sensor on it.
It will work better if you rotate it so the motion sensor is down. Just turn the power to the light off, loosen/remove the screw turn it and tighten. You can adjust the angle of the lights pretty easily too and it this may help with it messing with the camera.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It will work better if you rotate it so the motion sensor is down. Just turn the power to the light off, loosen/remove the screw turn it and tighten. You can adjust the angle of the lights pretty easily too and it this may help with it messing with the camera.
yeah, there is a light switch inside the door that powers it, I might look at it tomorrow and check it out, should be easy to flip that mofo over lol.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I threw mine up the other day too. Jehovah's Witnesses at the door. Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS 3.6mm

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
He's prettier than the last one to visit here just before Easter. He wanted to know if I'd join him in celebrating the death of Jesus Christ. Nope nope nope.