Time stamp dissapeared all cameras

Temblor

n3wb
Reaction score
Time stamp disappeared on all my cameras (white stamp on videos itself) have searched settings, done a search in BI help & on this forum, can not find solution? Do I add it in each camera? Or is there a setting in BI Options?, I have tried "text & graphic overlays" but that did not work (unless I am doing it wrong?)
could someone steer me to right place?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Time stamp disappeared on all my cameras (white stamp on videos itself) have searched settings, done a search in BI help & on this forum, can not find solution? Do I add it in each camera? Or is there a setting in BI Options?, I have tried "text & graphic overlays" but that did not work (unless I am doing it wrong?)
could someone steer me to right place?
Blue iris's own Times stamps are not recorded when using direct to disk...you need to use the cameras own timestamp.

Temblor

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris's own Times stamps are not recorded when using direct to disk...you need to use the cameras own timestamp.
Thanks for response, Is this a new restriction from BI from an update? Because I use 4 different brands of cameras, foscam, MS Lifecam, USB, Logitech... all of them had the same time stamp, never had to use the "cameras" timestamp.
They were there, on the screen & recordings as soon as I plugged in camera. Now all timestamps have disappeared on my PC (windows 10)
My laptop (win 8) still has the time stamps.?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for response, Is this a new restriction from BI from an update? Because I use 4 different brands of cameras, foscam, MS Lifecam, USB, Logitech... all of them had the same time stamp, never had to use the "cameras" timestamp.
They were there, on the screen & recordings as soon as I plugged in camera. Now all timestamps have disappeared on my PC (windows 10)
My laptop (win 8) still has the time stamps.?
no it has been there from day 1 of direct to disk implementation....you may not be understanding what i mean by direct to disk...if you use rencode then the timestamp will be there...you need to better articulate your problem with images of your settings and of the actual problem...are the timestamps there on the live view?
you are likely not using direct to disc because your cameras are low resolution therefore they dont use too much cpu power ....direct to disk significantly reduces cpu consumption..

Temblor

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, It is set to rencode.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, how do I find the rencode setting to determine?
its important you answer the questions posed..otherwise we will go in circles...can you see the timestamp in live view?

Temblor

n3wb
Reaction score
I can not see timestamp in live view or recordings. It is set to rencode.

Temblor

n3wb
Reaction score
Just updated to newest today 4.5.9.1x64
The only changed I can think of on my computer was replacing a M.2 SSD HD which got wiped... with a New Hitachi M.2 SSD HD (Don't know if this could effect that ?)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just updated to newest today 4.5.9.1x64
The only changed I can think of on my computer was replacing a M.2 SSD HD which got wiped... with a New Hitachi M.2 SSD HD (Don't know if this could effect that ?)
add another test camera to blue iris...just setup one of your current cameras again, see if it has the timestamp

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping this is a simple fix? Is there somewhere on Blue Iris you can enable disable Timestamp?
that is a simple fix...no...there is no global setting for that...if you are not willing to troubleshoot, then uninstall the software and reinstall, backup your settings, make sure you have the key...it will take about 5 minuets.

Temblor

n3wb
Reaction score
I meant I hoped that a simple option got disabled that I would find.. meaning easy fix something I overlooked. ie a simple "enable timestamp" somewhere..

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you look at the BI settings for each camera, and look at the 'Video' tab, you will see at the bottom, the option to 'Enable' and to 'Edit' Text and Graphic Overlays. This would be for 're-encode' video format (on the 'Record' tab) but it is intensive on CPU. I had to disable this text and graphic overlay on the BI side, and enable the time stamps on the IP cameras themselves, as 'Direct to Disk' won't add anything to the recordings, and is best for CPU.