Time to change my current system. Hi from Sweden

slaffe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased a DVR with four cameras from Flouren (cheap brand) just to get a hang of all this home security.
I love the feeling knowing that i record whats happening outside and around my house 24/7, but this setup I got atm is horrible. Therfore i am here, and I need your help.

I want to change from DVR to NVR or Blue Iris, preferably NVR I guess. Think i'll go with Dahua or Hikivision, but there are tons fo cameras and I am having a hard time sorting this out.

This is how my setup looks today, I use 4 cameras and already want at least two more, probably 4 more.

My budget would be around $500 to start with, then go from there. What would you suggest that I go with?
I do not need super mega sharp detailed pictures that you can see every blackhead in peoples faces but pretty decent images atleast. I find POE cameras very neat.

And since I am from Sweden i rather not purchase from the US because the shipping and import fee is redicolous..

I do need help please.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased a DVR with four cameras from Flouren (cheap brand) just to get a hang of all this home security.
I love the feeling knowing that i record whats happening outside and around my house 24/7, but this setup I got atm is horrible. Therfore i am here, and I need your help.

I want to change from DVR to NVR or Blue Iris, preferably NVR I guess. Think i'll go with Dahua or Hikivision, but there are tons fo cameras and I am having a hard time sorting this out.

This is how my setup looks today, I use 4 cameras and already want at least two more, probably 4 more.

My budget would be around $500 to start with, then go from there. What would you suggest that I go with?
I do not need super mega sharp detailed pictures that you can see every blackhead in peoples faces but pretty decent images atleast. I find POE cameras very neat.

And since I am from Sweden i rather not purchase from the US because the shipping and import fee is redicolous..

I do need help please.
Welcome Slaffe,

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Slaffe, Welcome AH Sweden Two of my fav Bands are from There.. ABBA and Therion.. welcome to the form. Stick with the international models. EmpireCandy sells a TON of stuff from his Ali Store to people here. Stick with mat200 advice, you will fare well.

Last edited: