Time to replace my Hikvision DS-7716. Recommendations?

Alan2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP / 16 at work with 16 cams for about 3 years now. It's been fairly reliable but I think running 16 cams may be pushing it too hard as it's sluggish and it just seems tired. I'm also disappointed with the Hikvision software / firmware. A couple of years ago on a firmware update they removed the icon to advance from one smart search event to the next. That made it much more tedious to find an event when there are a lot of events to skip through. Before Hikvison we had some horrible experiences with systems from Lorex, Swann, and QSee. So I'm reluctant to just rely on specs off the box for our next system. I'm hoping that in the last 3 years technology has improved.

What I need now is a system with 32 cameras. Would like to run them at about 10FPS and bump up to 25FPS when motion is detected. Would also like to store about 3 months of video on the system. I'm guessing I would need maybe four 8TB drives for storage? Remote access is also important. Looking for something better than IVMS to use on laptops, and Mac friendly software is needed. Also, need to have iPhone app to monitor cameras.

I need a mix of dome and bullet style cameras. Currently, most of our cameras are the Hikvision bullet cams that we run at 2048x1536. Probably need 2 PTZ cams, 10 dome, and 20 bullet cameras.

I'd appreciate suggestions for systems I should consider buying. Thanks!

Just quickly looking around I like the specs on the Dahua DHI-NVR58A32-4KS2 . Anyone have experience with that unit?

Last edited:

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
If your going 32 cams, and want 30 days of recordings? ya might consider a 8 HD raid system.
someone here can point ya in the right direction.
I dont think they make any bigger than 8 hd's unless ya can get external hd's added.
Hopefully someone pops back on and answers this,
WHERES @nayr OR @looney2ns