Time warner/Spectrum Switched My System Provider to Brinks

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Myself and My 2 Siblings have or had Spectrum and or Legacy Time Warner home security system for over 10 years, None of us got notified of the sudden change over to Brinks for monitoring. My sister did call Spectrum and they said they did a Robo Call to all security customers about the change over, Brinks is billing separately, My Sister got her bill today, I have not received one yet. Since we are on each others account for contact purposes, when I called, I got prompted for which account I was calling for, I did not wait 1/2 hour hour backlog to talk to anybody. I wonder what happens now when equipment fails, Spectrum was replacing sensors and pads a few months ago, they did it here. My sister is pissed off she was not Notified in writing and about the exchange of personal Information to a new company. I have been very satified with the system over the years, did anybody else get switched?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I read in Jan. spectrum was dropping their security service and customers were SOL starting in Feb...(BS)
Not much notice that's for sure.
I didn't see where they were switching customers over to anyone else.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I read in Jan. spectrum was dropping their security service and customers were SOL starting in Feb...(BS)
Not much notice that's for sure.
I didn't see where they were switching customers over to anyone else.

Hmmm, My equipment is 10 years old, And I did not get notified, would have been nice though, I do not believe they would come for their equipment if I quit service, I never paid for the system equipment as it was a package deal, I think I paid $150 for the guy to set it up. Its been a good system, like $23 a month for monitoring.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
its crazy to me how a contract can be changed by a company at any time but if you want the smallest, little thing changed, it takes an act of God (along with a new contract) for it to happen.

Not really referring to this case you're dealing with. Just how companies hold us all fast to contracts but if the change is the other way......

Good luck man.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
its crazy to me how a contract can be changed by a company at any time but if you want the smallest, little thing changed, it takes an act of God (along with a new contract) for it to happen.

Not really referring to this case you're dealing with. Just how companies hold us all fast to contracts but if the change is the other way......

Good luck man.
We Will see how it plays out.

BPBP

n3wb
Reaction score
Myself and My 2 Siblings have or had Spectrum and or Legacy Time Warner home security system for over 10 years, None of us got notified of the sudden change over to Brinks for monitoring. My sister did call Spectrum and they said they did a Robo Call to all security customers about the change over, Brinks is billing separately, My Sister got her bill today, I have not received one yet. Since we are on each others account for contact purposes, when I called, I got prompted for which account I was calling for, I did not wait 1/2 hour hour backlog to talk to anybody. I wonder what happens now when equipment fails, Spectrum was replacing sensors and pads a few months ago, they did it here. My sister is pissed off she was not Notified in writing and about the exchange of personal Information to a new company. I have been very satified with the system over the years, did anybody else get switched?
Yes, I just got switched. No notice, no warning. My cable bill came and there was no security on it. I contacted Spectrum and spent a half-hour with them and they had no clue what was going on. The next day I received an invoice from Brinks. No explanation that they had taken over, no itemization of the bill and my account name was incorrect and I received a paper invoice rather than an e statement that I had signed up for. They totally missed the mark with this switch over.
I too was a Time Warner Legacy Security customer. I have spoken with them three times this year and they assured me that they were a separate company from Charter Spectrum security and that they were going to stay in business and continue to invoice through Spectrum but that they were independent and would maintain my service. In fact they called a week ago to remind me to change my batteries. At that time I asked if they were going to continue providing the service and they said yes absolutely. Less than a week later they are gone and Brinks is now our provider. Brinks has a good name in the security business but it has been tarnished by this terrible management of the transition and total lack of communication. At least I hope the security service will remain well managed. I hope they provide us with an overview of their service, pricing and customer service options.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I just got switched. No notice, no warning. My cable bill came and there was no security on it. I contacted Spectrum and spent a half-hour with them and they had no clue what was going on. The next day I received an invoice from Brinks. No explanation that they had taken over, no itemization of the bill and my account name was incorrect and I received a paper invoice rather than an e statement that I had signed up for. They totally missed the mark with this switch over.
I too was a Time Warner Legacy Security customer. I have spoken with them three times this year and they assured me that they were a separate company from Charter Spectrum security and that they were going to stay in business and continue to invoice through Spectrum but that they were independent and would maintain my service. In fact they called a week ago to remind me to change my batteries. At that time I asked if they were going to continue providing the service and they said yes absolutely. Less than a week later they are gone and Brinks is now our provider. Brinks has a good name in the security business but it has been tarnished by this terrible management of the transition and total lack of communication. At least I hope the security service will remain well managed. I hope they provide us with an overview of their service, pricing and customer service options.
What kind of system/panel do you have installed?

BPBP

n3wb
Reaction score
Ademco by Honeywell. Installed by TW in 2009 and maintained by them. Works well, no complaints.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
When you say Spectrum Customer Service Has NO Clue about this middle of the night switchover is a understatement. I guess some of them got the memo and most did not.
My sister was out of her mind because nobody told her it was coming, All of your personal information and contacts were transferred to a "NEW" Company without your consent. That's why she was So Pissed off. I also never got the "Robo Call" that Spectrum sent out to all it customers, neither did my sister or Bro In Law.

BPBP

n3wb
Reaction score
When you say Spectrum Customer Service Has NO Clue about this middle of the night switchover is a understatement. I guess some of them got the memo and most did not.
My sister was out of her mind because nobody told her it was coming, All of your personal information and contacts were transferred to a "NEW" Company without your consent. That's why she was So Pissed off. I also never got the "Robo Call" that Spectrum sent out to all it customers, neither did my sister or Bro In Law.
I hear ya. I just went to the Brinks website using the QR code on the bill. We texted back and forth for half an hour. In the end, they corrected the name on the account which was wrong, they switched me over to email billing, they gave me a $4 a month discount and explained an overview of their service. It was actually a good Exchange. They are also sending me a new yard sign and 4 new window stickers for free. I think I am all set now. Hope so.