Timelapse (alternate frame rate) no longer working? Can someone test?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have not been able to verify this on any other BI systems at the moment, but on my own system, something happened between May 23 and May 24. On that day, my time lapse camera, which dutifully records one frame every 10 seconds during daylight hours, suddenly began recording the full frame rate of the camera (15fps).

What used to be a 400MB, 14 hour clip (that would play back in about 5 min), has morphed into a nearly-8GB clip that is real time on playback.

I've tried re-creating the camera. I've tried it with direct-to-disc and standard re-encoding. BI seems to simply ignore the "alt/timelapse frame rate" settings.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

upload_2018-6-13_10-22-33.png

For reference, here's what the clip SHOULD look like if the recording is at 1 frame every 10 sec:

upload_2018-6-13_10-24-7.png

But here's what it looks like after it bumped to 15FPS:

upload_2018-6-13_10-24-58.png

Interestingly enough, according to the change log/what's new there was an update pushed on 5/23:

upload_2018-6-13_10-27-43.png

I've sent an email to Ken to see if there is something in that update that could have inadvertently affected the ability to specify an alternate frame rate.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Given that both recordings have the TimeLapse flag, I'd say that patch probably did break it.

You should not let BI update automatically if you don't like surprises of this sort.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's all good - I'm using that snazzy update archiving tool you made - so I can always roll back if something really gets borked. I'm surprised it took me this long to figure it out. It's been 3 weeks since that update, and I haven't seen anyone else complain about it either - so even if I took the "wait until all the bugs are squished" approach, I'd still be the first to report it.