Timeline audio alert

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does BI have the capability to show audio spikes on the timeline?

For example, my neighbors house was egged last night. I have no relevant alerts and am unable to find any video by scrubbing timeline, however I'm sure the culprits made some noise while egging the house. It would be nice if we could see a graphed audio level throughout the clip to potentially identify when action is happening off camera.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does BI have the capability to show audio spikes on the timeline?

For example, my neighbors house was egged last night. I have no relevant alerts and am unable to find any video by scrubbing timeline, however I'm sure the culprits made some noise while egging the house. It would be nice if we could see a graphed audio level throughout the clip to potentially identify when action is happening off camera.
Not that I know of, but you could try exporting the full clip and then using something like Audacity to find any increased/abnormal noise levels.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not that I know of, but you could try exporting the full clip and then using something like Audacity to find any increased/abnormal noise levels.
That's a great idea. I didn't know that existed, but it makes sense. I may give it a try.

Although it's a good workaround and could work, the leg work involving exporting 8 hours worth of footage seems like a lot. This is good since it's probably the only option as of now, but it would be nice if BI did it directly in-app.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Time to get your neighbor to buy a few cameras, and get a system set up for himself :wow:
You’re exactly right! We’ve all been in that “wish I would have” situation. Luckily it’s a pretty minor event.